From a group perspective therefore I would propose:

A) we should remove the references to XML 1.1 in favour of XML 1.0 5th Edition, regardless.
B) if there is a TAG determination that XML 1.1 is genuinely obsolete then we request coordination with the team so that they do not obsolete XML 1.1 before we have updated TTML as per A above.

Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Nigel

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com<mailto:glenn@skynav.com>>
Date: Saturday, 7 September 2019 at 00:21
To: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>>
Cc: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Obsoleting XML 1.1

Actually, it is normatively referenced by all TTML RECs going back to TTML1 1st Edition. See my comment at [1].

[1] https://github.com/w3ctag/obsoletion/issues/6#issuecomment-529043881

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 1:57 AM Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>> wrote:
Good morning/evening,

See proposal to obsolete XML 1.1, which TTML 2 normatively references:

https://github.com/w3ctag/obsoletion/issues/6

Best,

-- Pierre