Re: Call for Consensus to publish WebVTT as a Candidate Recommendation

Thierry wrote the status of this document, not me.

I think he also has a better URL for it, but I can’t find it.

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 9:23 , Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David et al.,
>
> This document is not hosted on the W3C github repo? Why not simply
> create a CR branch at https://github.com/w3c/webvtt ?
>
> Also, the following paragraph should be removed since this
> specification is managed by TTWG exclusively at this point -- the CG
> has no control over it.

No formal control, indeed, but we are trying (and so far succeeding) to avoid forks and differences, so I prefer to keep the paragraph.

> """Work on this specification is being undertaken both in the Web
> Media Text Tracks Community Group as well as in the W3C Timed Text
> Working Group. The latter group works towards a W3C Recommendation for
> reference purposes with interoperability requirements, while the
> former is a Draft Community Group Report that continues to evolve."""
>
> Best,
>
> -- Pierre
>
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 9:16 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>> [sending again as plain text in case the HTML format was hiding a spurious link]
>>
>> All,
>>
>> following this week's call giving conceptual approval pending the preparation of the CR document, and the preparation by Thierry and Silvia of the CR draft at <https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/silviapfeiffer/webvtt-spec/blob/f8da4f27205ed2c11b7dedbf46d91b363eaafe9b/archives/2018-04-15/Overview.html> is now ready for us to request transition to Candidate Recommendation: I think that the obvious typo in “Diff from previous” has been or will imminently be fixed. This email is a call for consensus to make the transition based on this version of the document; barring any objections within the WG's Decision Policy period of 10 working days as defined in the Charter, I will ask for this transition request to be made.
>>
>> (Thierry/Silvia, if there is a better link, let us know)
>>
>> For transition request purposes, assuming no objections, I will record this as a resolution in the minutes of the next call.
>>
>> Please review the document and if possible confirm that you agree with this resolution; silence will be taken as acceptance, but an explicit approval would be much appreciated.
>>
>> If you spot any problems please raise issues as normal on the GitHub repository. We can make minor editorial fixes such as typo fixes any time.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who contributed to the push to get to this state over the last few months: this represents a lot of hard work.
>>

>> kind regards,
>>
>> David

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.