Re: edited TTWG draft charter, VTT?

Comments inline:

On 28/03/2018, 17:50, "singer@apple.com on behalf of David Singer"
<singer@apple.com> wrote:

>Some minor corrections from a colleague:
>
>1) "captions for deaf and hard of hear² should be "captions for the deaf
>and hard of hearing² (insert ³the² and ³ing²)

+1

>2) Not clear why this is a VTT-specific requirement:
>
>	€ Include all features that have at least two independent and
>interoperable implementations.

I think that was inserted into the previous Charter and copied across. I
do not know why it was added, maybe to facilitate transition?

>3) Is it ³TTML1² or ³TTML 1²? is it consistent with ³IMSC1²?

We have used different styles for TTML and IMSC when it comes to appending
the numbering. I'm not really bothered about this, happy to make it
consistent or retain the inconsistency between them in favour of
consistency with prior usage.

>4) TTML is defined as
>
>"This specification defines a content type that represents timed text
>media for the purpose of interchange among authoring systems."
>
>however, it now is the basis for IMSC, which is delivery. The scope
>should be expanded.

Good catch. It also needs to be edited in the TTML2 Abstract, which says
the same thing. It should probably be "This specification defines a
content type that represents timed text media for the purpose of
interchange among authoring, distribution and playback systems."

>5) IMSC1.1 is documented here as based on TTML1, but isnıt it based on
>TTML2?

Yes, IMSC 1.1 is based on TTML2 with extensions from IMSC 1.0.1, whereas
IMSC 1.0.1 is based on TTML1.

>6) ³Entertainement² -> ³Entertainment²

+1

Nigel