Re: F2f agenda

Hi,

I'm certain I'm the unintended cause of some unresolved WebVTT wide review
comments, and that the number is non-zero. I'm sorry about the
inconvenience that is causing. It is **only** due to resource constraints.
I have prioritised TTML and IMSC work and there has been a huge volume of
that over the past couple of months, which has left me no time to respond
to responses on some of the WebVTT issues I opened (though I did manage to
find a bit of time to look at some of them after TPAC).

For next week's meeting in particular the WG has been very vocal about the
need to close TTML1 and TTML2 issues and prepare documents for transition,
and that has been my focus. Not to say that David hasn't also expressed
the same desire to move WebVTT on.

>From my perspective, I think it is extremely unlikely that we will be able
to reach conclusions on those open WebVTT issues in time to agree to
transition WebVTT to CR during next week's F2F. I will do what I can in
the time available.

I'm not aware of any proposed WebVTT CR Exit Criteria for review, and none
are listed on the wiki page that Silvia linked to. In the past David has
suggested that there may be some features that will be marked as At Risk -
is that still the case?

Kind regards,

Nigel

http://www.bbc.co.uk