Re: CEA in tokens

Since we have only relatively recently added these tokens it seems like now is the lowest cost time to change them. It does also highlight that using the source organisation's label in the token string has the disadvantage that coincident semantics in metadata from different sources will result in duplicate tokens – arguably it would be a service to the specification users to have a single set of tokens where each semantic has one token.

It also makes the spec sensitive to organisations choosing to rename themselves.

For example the token cea608CaptionService and cea608Channel are both generalisable to service and channel concepts that could be applied in a more specific sense in 608 contexts but in other more specific senses in say EBU-TT Live contexts.

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com<mailto:glenn@skynav.com>>
Date: Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 06:27
To: Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com<mailto:mdolan@newtbt.com>>
Cc: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: CEA in tokens

Regarding Issue #159, we have already changed CEA to CTA in document references. However, it remains an open question whether we should change "cea" to "cta" in syntactic tokens, see, e.g., [2].

[1] https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/159
[2] http://w3c.github.io/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html#metadata-value-named-item