Re: DOM reference in WebVTT Draft CG Report

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:26:56 +0200, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

>> FWIW: the HTML reference is to the WHATWG version also, so we should
>> be consistent.
>
> Right. we should be consistent.
> The HTML reference to WHATWG version is the same issue.
> It should be also update.
>
> as I said earlier, if we start having diffs from the CG draft and the WG
> draft, it may be a nightmare to synchronize those documents by updating
> refs and other stuff for each TR publication.
>
> Thierry.

I believe bikeshed (the tool that generates the spec) is able to switch to
stable references for TR publications (+cc Tab Atkins). No manual labor
should be necessary. In fact TR publications for WDs should be automated
also, but is not yet done for WebVTT. See
https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/205

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software