Re: TTML2 Editing Process

Hi,

Here are some info from the W3C process [1] and the "Organize a
Technical Report Transition (2015 Process)" [2] and Echidna [3].

W3C process [1] does not require a record the group's decision) for
publication of a new version of a WD.

[.. To publish a revision of a Working draft, a Working Group must
record the group's decision to request publication. Consensus is not
required, as this is a procedural step,]...

It also says
[.. Working Drafts do not necessarily represent a consensus of the
Working Group, and do not imply any endorsement by W3C or its members
beyond agreement to work on a general area of technology]...

Now looking at the "Organize a Technical Report Transition (2015
Process)" [2] it says for publication of an ordinary working draft:

[... Here are the W3C Process Document transition requirements for a
Working Draft:  The Group must record the group's decision to request
publication ...]

Last Echidna [3] says
[... Group decision
Every publication needs to point to the Working Group decision to
publish, per the 2015 Process: "must record the group's decision to
request publication. Consensus is not required, as this is a procedural
step".]

Hope this helps.

Thierry

Le 10/05/2016 à 19:22, Glenn Adams a écrit :
>     We had this discussion and already made the decision. It was
>     recorded at the end of the Tools agenda item on day 1 of our Sapporo
>     meeting - see https://www.w3.org/2015/10/28-tt-minutes.html#item05
>

> I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that we can ignore
> echidna's requirement to refer to a group decision? If so, then what
> publishing process shall we use?

   [1] https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#revised-wd

   [2]
https://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=https://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions2015.html&xslfile=https://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions2015.xsl