Re: updated profile registry

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

> I’ve updated the profile registry based on comments received.  Note that
> the URL has changed:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>
> FYI, a redirect survives at the “…CodecsRegistry” URL.
>

> I addressed the comments (I think) as agreed except for one – after
> further thought I decided to delete the example rather than try to further
> explain 14496-30 informatively.
>

> I thought the combination syntax was in TTML2, but it is not (should be).
> So, I left in an informative suggestion for applications using the registry
> to enable it.

TTML2 uses a more verbose, less compact syntax for expressing conjunctive
and disjunctive combination, about which see [1], which employs any() and
all() functions. We abbreviated these in the proposed syntax in the
registry to accommodate the desire for an abridged representation.

IMO, we do not need the abridged syntax in TTML2 itself.

[1]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html#profile-attribute-processorProfiles