{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-10-22

Thanks all for attending today's TTWG meeting. Minutes can be found at http://www.w3.org/2015/10/22-tt-minutes.html

In text format:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

22 Oct 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/10/22-tt-irc


          nigel, plh, mike, dae, pal

          andreas, frans




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]Action Items
         3. [6]TPAC 2015
         4. [7]Profiles Registry
         5. [8]IMSC stuff
     * [9]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 22 October 2015

   The webex is scheduled 1 hour late. I'm going send a Lync
   invitation to member-tt. Hope that's okay with everyone. Plh
   hasn't responded but I want us to proceed...

   <plh> I just fixed the time :(

   Sorry everyone, let's go back to plan A since plh has fixed it
   - I'm happier using W3C provided services here.

   <scribe> scribe: nigel

This meeting

   nigel: I plan to go through Actions, TPAC, IMSC. AOB?

   mike: Yes, can we discuss (perhaps not urgently) some MPEG
   stuff relating to the profile registry etc.

Action Items


   <trackbot> action-433 -- Thierry Michel to Update cvs hosted
   landing page to simplify and highlight link into wiki page --
   due 2015-10-22 -- OPEN


     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/433


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/

   nigel: It points now to the wiki
   [12]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText which I'll try to polish
   ... to include the important stuff, and to improve the styling.
   ... Any ideas for better styling appreciated - I did like
   [13]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar as an

     [12] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText

     [13] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

   close action-433

   <trackbot> Closed action-433.


   <trackbot> action-436 -- Thierry Michel to Send mdolan an empty
   respec based note as a starting point for action-429 -- due
   2015-10-22 -- OPEN


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/436

   nigel: Thierry sent this?

   mike: He did. Thank you.

   close action-436

   <trackbot> Closed action-436.


   <trackbot> action-421 -- Nigel Megitt to Check with ttml player
   manufacturers if they're happy to be listed on our site. -- due
   2015-09-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/421

   nigel: I got confirmation and the implementation is now listed


     [16] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/EffortsAndSpecifications#Implementations

   close action-421

   <trackbot> Closed action-421.


   <trackbot> action-434 -- Mike Dolan to Draft outgoing liaison
   to atsc proposing to reference an updated wd of ttml2 -- due
   2015-10-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW


     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/434

   nigel: Thanks Mike for drafting this - it was sent on Monday.

   close action-434

   <trackbot> Closed action-434.

   mike: That was really timely - we're looking to adopt the
   advice and looking forward to the revision to TTML2.

TPAC 2015

   nigel: Our wiki page is at

     [18] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2015

   dae: David Ronca cannot make TPAC after all, so can we push the
   TTML2 implementation item to a regular meeting after TPAC?

   nigel: Okay, yes. Thanks for the information.
   ... Can you talk about it in David's place?

   dae: I can talk about it a bit but David really wants to show
   it when he can, with some slides he has prepared.


   plh: Courtney and Glenn have registered for TPAC so I think we
   can expect them.



     [19] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2015/registrants#timed



     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/LateTPAC2015/registrants#timed

   nigel: Great. Staff aren't on this list but we have 8 people.

   plh: I'm going to be really busy on Monday and Tuesday but only
   have 2 groups running in
   ... parallel on Thursday and Friday so I should be available at
   least half the time.

   nigel: Great. That gives us a bit more flexibility in terms of
   the charter discussion.

   plh: If you avoid Friday afternoon then we should be fine.

   nigel: In that case can I propose that we talk about the
   charter on Friday morning?

   plh: sounds good to me.

   pal: Can I request that we don't do IMSC on Friday afternoon,
   as I'll have to leave promptly.

   nigel: Are there any other requests for slots to target or
   ... Okay, seems like there aren't. In that case I'll try to
   schedule everything to accommodate.

   pal: Can we do IMSC first thing on Friday, then take an hour
   before lunch on Friday?

   nigel: Yes I think we can.

   plh: We have until the end of March under the current charter
   so we can continue the discussions after TPAC.

   nigel: Yes, we can!
   ... So it looks like Thursday am: TTML2, Thursday pm: TTML <-->
   WebVTT mapping,
   ... Friday am: IMSC and Charter+tools, Friday pm: IMSC
   continued plus other stuff.

   plh: I think pal wants to be there for the tools discussion. I
   think we can do Charter and tools
   ... in the same hour. We also need Glenn there for that.

   pal: Hopefully we can keep the discussions strictly to how we
   move the tracker tickets rather than
   ... on whether or not to do it.

   nigel: The null proposal would be to keep tracker going but
   raise any new tickets on github.

   pal: We can also create new tickets on github referencing the
   tracker issues.

   plh: We can at some point copy all the open issues in tracker
   to github and continue the discussion there.

   nigel: In the past I've used github issues as actions by
   tagging them.
   ... It's not perfect but it does allow filtering.
   ... Great, we have a rough schedule which I'll add to the wiki.


   <trackbot> action-435 -- Nigel Megitt to Add tools to tpac
   agenda -- due 2015-10-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW


     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/435

   close action-435

   <trackbot> Closed action-435.

Profiles Registry

   Mike: The plan is to revise the IANA registration and add a new
   parameter called codecs. That's
   ... fine but its only for when a standalone file is used.
   ... The question is do we still want to do that, where codecs
   is a replication of a parameter we
   ... already have defined.

   nigel: I think the standalone file with profile attribute is
   actually ambiguous - it's useful to
   ... express how multiple processor profiles can be used to
   process the document.

   mike: Okay, so the combinatorial syntax is still useful.

   nigel: Yes.

IMSC stuff


   <trackbot> action-432 -- Nigel Megitt to Nigel, pal, andreas
   and frans to hook up re changing imsc 1 ebu-tt feature
   references to point to tech3350 v1.1 -- due 2015-10-15 -- OPEN


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/432

   nigel: We've been discussing this but haven't reached a solid

   pal: I'm waiting to hear back from some folk before I push a
   new set of edits.


   <trackbot> action-425 -- Thierry Michel to Send a prompt/thank
   you to the potential test result contributors for imsc. -- due
   2015-10-01 -- OPEN


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/425

   pal: We've received another report that Thierry hasn't posted

   nigel: They asked to be anonymous, but we can still post it.


   <trackbot> issue-418 -- semantics of ttp:aspectRatio is
   ambiguous -- pending review


     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/418

   nigel: Given the time let's get to this next week.
   ... Apologies for the shorter meeting this week - we're out of
   time so I'll adjourn this meeting now, but in the meantime good
   travelling to everyone who is travelling, and see you next
   ... [adjourns meeting]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/10/22 16:03:02 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Thursday, 22 October 2015 16:05:19 UTC