Re: IMSC1 and profile designator

In ยง 6.1 it is stated that the #profile feature MAY be used. I take this
to mean that it is permitted to specify a ttp:profile attribute on the
tt:tt element but not required. There's no suggestion of including the
ttp:profile attribute within a document in a different location to what is
defined in TTML1SE.

Since the same principle of extension as in TTML1SE applies, it is also
legal (but out of scope of the specification) to include the
ebuttm:conformsToStandard element but strict processors can ignore it.

Kind regards,

Nigel