From: Ingar Mæhlum Arntzen <ingar.arntzen@gmail.com<mailto:ingar.arntzen@gmail.com>>
Date: 4 May 2015 20:46:09 BST
To: <public-webtiming@w3.org<mailto:public-webtiming@w3.org>>
Cc: public-web-and-tv <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>
Subject: Multi-device Timing CG: Conference appearances

Hi all.

Njål and I will be around to present the Multi-device Timing CG as well as demonstrating our implementation of Shared Motion at the WWW2015 http://www.www2015.it/ in Florence. We (as partners in the MediaScape EU project) have a slot on the W3C track http://www.w3.org/2015/05/w3c-track.html 20 May (11.00-12.40).

If you happen to be at the www2015 we hope to see you there. If you have a colleague that will go, please share the word :)

Also, we are presenting a paper at the MediaSync2015 workshop in Brussels https://sites.google.com/site/mediasynchronization/mediasync2015 3 June in conjunction with TVX Conference http://tvx2015.com/ (4 and 5 June), and possibly giving some demos also during the main conference demo session (4 June) as well.

The paper explores an important topic for the multi-device timing group (see charter), how the Web's support for composition of time-sensitive components is currently weak (both in single-device and multi-device media), and how it may be improved by the introduction of the HTMLTimingObject. Furthermore, we briefly outline what needs to happen with HTMLMediaElements and HTMLTrackElements in order to improve the support for precisely timed operation and easy composition. These are upcoming tasks/discussions in the Multi-device Timing CG.

The title of the paper. "Multi-device Linear Composition on the Web; Enabling Multi-device Linear Media with HTMLTimingObject and Shared Motion".

https://sites.google.com/site/mediasynchronization/Paper4_Arntzen_webComposition_CR.pdf

Best,

Ingar Arntzen, Chair Multi-device Timing Community Group

http://www.bbc.co.uk