Re: [webvtt] Rename "line position" to "line offset". (#194)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I was hoping to raise its visibility, in that I knew that my idea
>>>(below, critiqued) was weak, but maybe someone else had a better idea…
>>
>>If somebody has a better idea for a term that an offset from the top
>>for describing the positioning of a box of lines from the top of the
>>video viewport, that would be helpful. I still believe "offset" works
>>better than "position" for this case.
>
> I thought part of the problem we are trying to solve is that the offset
> direction is dependent on the writing direction, so the offset might be
> from the left for vertical writing or the top for horizontal writing.

Yes it is. I used "top" for simplicity in the above description - it
was indeed incomplete.

> That's why I proposed the terms inline and block. If that's not the case
> then why don't we just use "position-horizontal" and "position-vertical"
> respectively?

The cause for the change was that using the word "position" for both
directions wass really confusing.

I've amended words in a new pull request but stuck with the word
"offset" since it clearly explains that we are offsetting from the
video viewport edge. I believe the new wording is actually really
clear.

Regards,
Silvia.