Re: [webvtt] Rename "line position" to "line offset". (#194)

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 13:09 , Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [not sure why this thread suddenly included the TTWG - it was merely
> on the github bug before for WebVTT]

I was hoping to raise its visibility, in that I knew that my idea (below, critiqued) was weak, but maybe someone else had a better idea…

> I don't think those concepts are what we're actually dealing with.
> Leading is the whitespace between lines
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading),

well, or the whitespace before a paragraph, which is closer this meaning.  It has at least the advantage of being in the block progression dimension.

> not the distance from the top
> of the page (which is what our "line" setting provides). Indent may
> have worked, but we're already using "position”.

yup.  major name changes might be confusing…