Re: WebVTT wide review processing

> On Jul 1, 2015, at 6:10 , Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>> Sylvia, David,
>>
>> The TTWG has sent a wide review request to a number of W3C WGs with
>> dependencies. You may also have send it to external bodies.
>>
>> We have received a fair number of comments for example from CSS, I18N and
>> Accessibility.
>> see WebVTT Wide Review wiki page
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>>
>> Could you let us know if you are done with the processing of these comments
>> and if you have resolutions for those.
>> These resolutions should be sent to the commenters to collect their feedback
>> and possibly approuval.
>
> Feedback continues to be given on the bugs that were registered and
> discussions are happening there with the original commenters. Changes
> to the specification are being made.
>
> You can see that of the 35 bugs marked as 'widereview' at
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&component=WebVTT&f1=status_whiteboard&list_id=57905&o1=substring&query_format=advanced&v1=widereview,
> 13 have been resolved. Several have associated Pull Requests waiting
> for review. We are still working on the others and will let you know
> when we're finished.
>
> HTH.

Yes, the wiki ‘collection’ page is a place where we intend to collect the documentation of the comments received, the reviews performed, the implementations done, and particularly the disposition of each comment.

As Silvia notes, we’re not quite done disposing, so if ANYONE can suggest a specific edit or precise way to handle ANY comment, or would like to amend, fix, improve, disagree with, spindle, fold, or mutilate an existing proposed disposition, please chip in. This doesn’t have to be all done by the editors (though I agree, many of the comments are about editorial or clarity issues).

Thanks

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.