W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2015

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-01-22

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:01:30 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0E6CE64.197DE%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks all for attending today's meeting. Minutes in HTML format are at: http://www.w3.org/2015/01/22-tt-minutes.html


Please keep the FPWD snapshot review comments on TTML2 coming in on the reflector in advance of  next week's meeting.

Minutes in text format:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

22 Jan 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/22-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          nigel, jdsmith, Frans-EBU, pal, andreas, tmichel

   Regrets
          glenn

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]Action Items
         3. [6]IMSC Test Suite
         4. [7]Issues
         5. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 22 January 2015

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

This meeting

   nigel: I've updated the TTML2 timeline - see the agenda.

   <scribe> ACTION: pal Update publication timeline diagram
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/22-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-368 - Update publication timeline
   diagram [on Pierre-Anthony Lemieux - due 2015-01-29].

Action Items

   action-363?

   <trackbot> action-363 -- Nigel Megitt to Format and send itu-r
   liaison response -- due 2015-01-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/363


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/363


   close action-363

   <trackbot> Closed action-363.

   nigel: I sent this to ITU-R and got an acknowledgment back.
   Thanks all for contributions.

   action-366

   <trackbot> action-366 -- Nigel Megitt to Review change proposal
   14 in the light of closure of issue-10. -- due 2015-01-22 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/366


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/366


   issue-10?

   <trackbot> issue-10 -- Allowing pointers to pre-rendered audio
   forms of elements -- closed

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/10


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/10


   nigel: The TTML2 implementation meets the needs of this CP for
   now, so I closed it.

   close action-366

   <trackbot> Closed action-366.

   action-367?

   <trackbot> action-367 -- Nigel Megitt to Review change proposal
   27 in the light of closure of issue-303. -- due 2015-01-22 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/367


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/367


   issue-303?

   <trackbot> issue-303 -- Permit HTML-style <a> elements to
   contain href links -- closed

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303


   nigel: The TTML2 implementation meets the needs of this CP for
   now, so I closed it.

   close action-367

   <trackbot> Closed action-367.

   action-360?

   <trackbot> action-360 -- Nigel Megitt to Send liaison request
   on behalf of w3c ttwg to arib -- due 2014-12-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/360


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/360


   nigel: I've prepared an update to the liaison, waiting for
   Daniel D of W3S to approve.
   ... And I've worked through how to send this, in conjunction
   with the contact from ARIB.

   action-365?

   <trackbot> action-365 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Review
   change proposal 21 in the light of closure of issue-229. -- due
   2015-01-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365


     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365


   pal: I sent an email to the reflector about this, waiting to
   hear back from the Editor on this.
   ... So leave open for now.
   ... I saw that nigel had some comments on the approach to ruby,
   but the thread went quiet,
   ... so I guess you're happy with it?

   issue-228?

   <trackbot> issue-228 -- Ruby text support -- closed

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228


   nigel: This one's closed - I don't expect or need any further
   changes.

   pal: What would the alternative be - to introduce new content
   elements?

   nigel: Exactly - that's what Glenn wants to avoid.

IMSC Test Suite

   pal: No substantial update this week - work in progress here.

Issues

   issue-366?

   <trackbot> issue-366 -- xml:id uniqueness needs to be broken
   for some uses of condition -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/366


     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/366


   reopen issue-366

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-366.

   nigel: I expect this to be resolved editorially, by an edit to
   the style set processing, and by the
   ... documentation of the processing model.
   ... And by allowing IDREFS on region attributes.

   pal: So there's a way to achieve what you wanted without
   duplicating xml:id values?

   nigel: Yes, exactly.

   issue-224?

   <trackbot> issue-224 -- Support text placement in 3D coordinate
   spaces (not zIndex compositing). -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224


     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224


   nigel: Glenn and I are still discussing this one.
   ... I wonder how 3D images should be handled?

   pal: It's the same as text - it's the same image, but rendered
   at different horizontal positions.
   ... That's for stereoscopic rendering. This approach is limited
   to stereoscopic rendering.

   issue-243?

   <trackbot> issue-243 -- smpte:information (source material
   information) -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/243


     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/243


   pal: I think we've covered this before - there's an Editor's
   note on this, but the definition isn't
   ... yet synonymous with the SMPTE definitions. There's more
   work to do to define the syntax
   ... of all the named items.

   issue-243: Further definition of the syntax is marked as an
   Editor's Note - this issue depends on completion of that task.

   <trackbot> Notes added to issue-243 smpte:information (source
   material information).

   reopen issue-243

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-243.

   issue-278?

   <trackbot> issue-278 -- Tightening schema support for foreign
   vocabulary. -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/278


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/278


   issue-289?

   <trackbot> issue-289 -- For TTML created for overlay on top of
   video, signal the aspect ratio of the video the TTML was
   created for -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


   atai: With XML Schema 1.0 I think there's probably no way to be
   more restrictive, especially
   ... for attributes.
   ... That's why Glenn's TTV tool does these additional checks.

   nigel: Is it the general view that we do partial XSD validation
   and on top of that use special
   ... software?

   pal: I think that's the only way. The right way to achieve
   complete coverage is with reference
   ... code or something similar, ultimately.

   close issue-278

   <trackbot> Closed issue-278.

   issue-289?

   <trackbot> issue-289 -- For TTML created for overlay on top of
   video, signal the aspect ratio of the video the TTML was
   created for -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


   nigel: He has a targetAspectRatio, but it's hard to tell
   exactly what the solution was here.

   pal: I think aspect ratio is somewhat in flux.

   nigel: I think the same goes for active format descriptor and
   intendedTargetBarData

   atai: I need to review this more.

   issue-364?

   <trackbot> issue-364 -- Relax constraint between the extents of
   the root container and the dimensions of the related video
   object frame -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364


     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364


   pal: The CR version of IMSC 1 did not permit the renderer to
   scale images, forcing the creation
   ... of multiple versions of the same image profile document,
   one for each target related video
   ... object resolution. That makes the job of the renderer
   easier, but the feedback, including
   ... from Simon Hailes, is that scaling by renderers isn't a big
   issue, but having a large number of
   ... images is more of a problem.
   ... Formally we can respond to Simon with this. I'll generate
   some additional test cases to cover this.
   ... The edit was deceptively simple: The sentence tying the
   tts:extent to the video object's
   ... size was removed.
   ... Also the following sentence was removed: "ittp:aspectRatio
   shall not be present if tts:extent is present"
   ... Now you can specify aspect ratio and tts:extent.
   ... And the scaling rules still apply that say that the
   rendering plane is as big as it can be within
   ... the video object.

   jdsmith: I'd like to have a look at the complexity of scaling
   images.

AOB

   pal: I see that there's been reflector discussion with the
   gentleman in Croatia.

   nigel: I don't think there's anything more we can do there -
   we've provided all the help we can.
   ... It seems to be an implementation issue.
   ... Thanks everyone - we're back for an hour next week.
   [adjourns meeting]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: pal Update publication timeline diagram [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/22-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015-01-22 16:01:00 $

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



Received on Thursday, 22 January 2015 16:02:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:20 UTC