Re: Issue-224 3D approach - disparity rather than (translation and condition)

Hi Nigel et al.,

> are there pre-existing implementations that take
> this approach of direct translation with conditional offset values?

Issue-224 was motivated by a SMPTE liaison (SEPT 2012) and references
D-Cinema subtitles (SMTPE ST 428-7). In the latter, rendering of
subtitles to left- and right-eye stereoscopic images is controlled
using an attribute ("ZPosition") that specifies the disparity (as a
percentage of the root container) between left- and right-eye images.

"""When present, the Zposition attribute shall provide a value that
specifies the horizontal distance between the “left eye” image center
and the “right eye” image center - in order to generate a stereoscopic
effect."""

Minimally, I would think that the approach selected by TTWG should
support the D-Cinema approach, which is implemented.

Best,

-- Pierre