W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2015

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-01-15

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:14:20 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0DD9732.19019%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks all for attending today's TTWG meeting. Minutes can be found in HTML format at http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html


Please review the TTML2 snapshot that is intended for publication as a FPWD, as soon as possible – the review period will close on Jan 29.

Minutes in text format:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

15 Jan 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          glenn, nigel, Frans, tmichel, pal, Andreas, jdsmith,
          Mike

   Regrets
   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]TTML2 version for review
         3. [6]Action Items
         4. [7]Issues
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 15 January 2015

This meeting

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

   nigel: Add to the agenda: Issue-365, TTML2 FPWD review version

   group: No AOB.

TTML2 version for review

   nigel: Glenn has prepared a snapshot of TTML2 for review prior
   to FPWD.

   glenn: This is static for the purpose of review. I need to
   reformat and change the SOTD.
   ... And I'll review it myself. If there's anything broken,
   that's discovered in the review, then
   ... we can go ahead and fix that. Otherwise changes would be
   strictly editorial.

   nigel: The 2 week review period neatly ends on 29th Jan - is
   that okay with all?

   group: No objections.

   <glenn>
   [9]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2-20

   150114-pre-fpwd-review-1.html

      [9] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2-20150114-pre-fpwd-review-1.html


   glenn: I took all the open issues and anything that is in a
   Change Proposal. We didn't have
   ... an issue for HTML5 mapping, so I added Issue-365 for that.
   The issues are in yellow issue
   ... boxes spread throughout the document.
   ... That covers all of the open issues against TTML2. Then
   there are editorial notes which
   ... are actions on me, without specific issues marked against
   them.

   nigel: Thierry also reserved the short name ttml2 for this
   version, in advance of publication.

   tmichel: Do you plan to have a difference section comparing it
   to TTML1?

   glenn: There's another document, that will be referenced from
   the SOTD, describing the TTML2
   ... changes.

   <glenn>
   [10]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2-c

   hanges.html

     [10] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2-changes.html


   tmichel: I think that will be very helpful for interested
   people to check the new functionality.

   glenn: I'll reference that from the SOTD.

   tmichel: That's more like a change log. I was more thinking
   about something in the introduction
   ... mentioning the new concept, important changes etc. It
   doesn't necessarily need to be done
   ... in the FPWD but it would be helpful later.

   glenn: I could attempt to summarise the technical changes in a
   paragraph in the Introduction.
   ... I'll consider that a Review comment. How are we going to
   track review comments?

   nigel: We don't need a Disposition of Comments formalisation
   for this internal review. I suggest

   <glenn> ACTION: glenn add paragraph in intro that summarizes
   changes from TTML1 (comment from TM) [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-364 - Add paragraph in intro that
   summarizes changes from ttml1 (comment from tm) [on Glenn Adams
   - due 2015-01-22].

   nigel: using the Tracker because that's most trackable!

Action Items

   action-332?

   <trackbot> action-332 -- Glenn Adams to Add schema support for
   ISD vocabulary -- due 2014-10-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/332


   glenn: I've completed this.

   close action-332

   <trackbot> Closed action-332.

   action-343?

   <trackbot> action-343 -- Glenn Adams to Update point (1) of
   section 3.1 in ttml2 to refer to a new annex that defines new
   processorprofiles mime type parameter -- due 2014-11-03 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/343


   glenn: I added an Editorial Note for this one, awaiting further
   work - I don't need the action any longer for this.

   close action-343

   <trackbot> Closed action-343.

   action-347?

   <trackbot> action-347 -- Glenn Adams to Check if timecontainer
   explicitly has no semantics with timebase smpte, markermode
   discontinuous -- due 2014-11-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/347


   glenn: I added an Editorial Note for this one, awaiting further
   work - I don't need the action any longer for this.

   close action-347

   <trackbot> Closed action-347.

   action-360?

   <trackbot> action-360 -- Nigel Megitt to Send liaison request
   on behalf of w3c ttwg to arib -- due 2014-12-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/360


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/360


   nigel: No developments on this during this week.

   action-363?

   <trackbot> action-363 -- Nigel Megitt to Format and send itu-r
   liaison response -- due 2015-01-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/363


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/363


   nigel: There's been quite a bit of debate about this resulting
   in a most recent draft.

   pal: I think it is inappropriate to send the link to Andreas's
   post.
   ... From a form perspective I think we need to be more formal.
   ... That in no way denigrates the referenced post though.

   <glenn> TTML is a functional superset of WebVTT and is based
   upon XML. WebVTT is not based on XML, but is a simpler plain
   text format, intended to be written by simple authoring tools.

   <glenn> TTML and WebVTT are both chartered as deliverables by
   the TTWG.

   nigel: We need to move on from this for time.

   pal: I'll re-review the response and respond on the reflector.
   ... Proposes that a summary of the charter deliverables and a
   link to the most recent version
   ... of each specification would suffice to answer the question.

   <inserted> nigel: I understand what you're getting at Pierre,
   I'll draft something and circulate it.

Issues

   issue-360?

   <trackbot> issue-360 -- Use of content encoding -- open

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/360


     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/360


   glenn: This is a recommendation that a transfer should use gzip
   if support is indicated.

   reopen issue-360

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-360.

   issue-361?

   <trackbot> issue-361 -- Add ttm:mediaTimestamp (or equivalent)
   attribute. -- open

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/361


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/361


   nigel: this is about mapping external time stamps into the
   document timeline.

   reopen issue-361

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-361.

   issue-362?

   <trackbot> issue-362 -- Handling forward interoperability of
   attribute extensions in TT namespaces. -- open

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/362


     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/362


   glenn: This is an extension of what we already have for
   elements but for attributes.

   reopen issue-362

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-362.

   issue-363?

   <trackbot> issue-363 -- Add support for font shear -- pending
   review

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/363


     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/363


   reopen issue-363

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-363.

   issue-364?

   <trackbot> issue-364 -- Relax constraint between the extents of
   the root container and the dimensions of the related video
   object frame -- open

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364


     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364


   reopen issue-364

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-364.

   issue-365?

   <trackbot> issue-365 -- Define HTML5 Mapping -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/365


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/365


   reopen issue-365

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-365.

   issue-229?

   <trackbot> issue-229 -- Mixed vertical-horizontal progression
   direction -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/229


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/229


   glenn: This is the addition of the text combine, using the
   semantics of the CSS Writing Modes
   ... albeit with a slightly shortened name.

   nigel: This is the only dependency on Change Proposal 21

   <scribe> ACTION: pal Review Change Proposal 21 in the light of
   closure of Issue-229. [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-365 - Review change proposal 21 in
   the light of closure of issue-229. [on Pierre-Anthony Lemieux -
   due 2015-01-22].

   close issue-229

   <trackbot> Closed issue-229.

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel Review Change Proposal 14 in the light
   of closure of Issue-10. [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-366 - Review change proposal 14 in
   the light of closure of issue-10. [on Nigel Megitt - due
   2015-01-22].

   issue-303?

   <trackbot> issue-303 -- Permit HTML-style <a> elements to
   contain href links -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303


     [26] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303


   glenn: This allows xlink syntax and semantics on span and image
   only.
   ... Since we've adopted XML wholeheartedly I wanted to continue
   that by using xlink.

   close issue-303

   <trackbot> Closed issue-303.

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel Review Change Proposal 27 in the light
   of closure of Issue-303. [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-367 - Review change proposal 27 in
   the light of closure of issue-303. [on Nigel Megitt - due
   2015-01-22].

   issue-225?

   <trackbot> issue-225 -- tts:fontSize as percentage of container
   dimensions -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/225


     [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/225


   glenn: We had added vw and vh and vmin and vmax and there was a
   request to remove vmin and vmax

   close issue-225

   <trackbot> Closed issue-225.

   issue-229?

   <trackbot> issue-229 -- Mixed vertical-horizontal progression
   direction -- closed

   <trackbot>
   [29]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/229


     [29] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/229


   issue-234?

   <trackbot> issue-234 -- Drop Shadow character style -- pending
   review

   <trackbot>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/234


     [30] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/234


   issue-235

   <trackbot> issue-235 -- Feathering of shadow and outline
   effects -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [31]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/235


     [31] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/235


   glenn: Both issue-235 and issue-235 are handled by dropShadow -
   I'm anticipating adding
   ... something similar to region as well. I believe this handles
   the SMPTE/DC request.
   ... Just to remind folks, textOutline is similar, but has an
   'outset' rather than an x and y offset.
   ... It's along the vector of the tangent to the outline.
   Whereas shadow allows an x and y offset.

   mike: It was a SMPTE request relating to CEA-708

   close issue-234

   <trackbot> Closed issue-234.

   close issue-235

   <trackbot> Closed issue-235.

   issue-273?

   <trackbot> issue-273 -- Map fontFamily to external font file
   resources -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [32]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273


     [32] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273


   glenn: That's addressed by the new font element.
   ... There's still an Editorial Note for picking the correct
   font file resource and also
   ... the font selection strategy.

   close issue-273

   <trackbot> Closed issue-273.

   issue-285?

   <trackbot> issue-285 -- Align rendered rows within a region to
   each other, and the set to the region -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [33]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/285


     [33] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/285


   glenn: This allows a textAlign property on span, which turns it
   into an inline block with a
   ... distinct alignment to the paragraph. So it's functionally
   equivalent. I've also tested it with
   ... a few browsers.

   close issue-285

   <trackbot> Closed issue-285.

   issue-286?

   <trackbot> issue-286 -- Extend the background area behind
   rendered text to improve readability -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [34]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/286


     [34] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/286


   glenn: Here I enhanced the semantics of padding to say that if
   applied to a span then clone
   ... applies at line breaks as opposed to the non-clone (slice)
   semantics. That happens to be
   ... distinct from what browsers implement so a mapping process
   may need to insert a property
   ... to handle it.

   close issue-286

   <trackbot> Closed issue-286.

   <atai> I will not be able to join on the 29th

   glenn: Regrets for the 22nd.

   <Frans> I will not be able to join either (PTS).

   nigel: Please make any comments on the TTML2 snapshot on the
   reflector, for discussion offline
   ... as soon as possible.

   Frans: regrets from me for the 29th (clarifying)

   nigel: We're out of time so I'll adjourn. Thanks all.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: glenn add paragraph in intro that summarizes
   changes from TTML1 (comment from TM) [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: nigel Review Change Proposal 14 in the light of
   closure of Issue-10. [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: nigel Review Change Proposal 27 in the light of
   closure of Issue-303. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: pal Review Change Proposal 21 in the light of
   closure of Issue-229. [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/15-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [39]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([40]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015-01-15 16:11:12 $

     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



Received on Thursday, 15 January 2015 16:14:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:20 UTC