Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-12-17

Dear Glenn, all,

Am 17.12.2015 um 20:01 schrieb Glenn Adams:

>         atai2: For example, EBU-TT-D, which is a subset of IMSC, also
>         prohibits the ttp:element and the ttp:attribute. If they were
>         required in the
>         ... document then it would be impossible to make EBU-TT-D a
>         subset of IMSC, so EBU is fine with this.
>
> Our review of the EBU-TT-D specification indicates there is no such
> prohibition specified.

I think with "review" you refer to an off list exchange about this
topic. I can only confirm what I said in the meeting yesterday and also
in that exchange: the EBU-TT-D spec was specified in a way to not allow
any other TTML vocabulary in a EBU-TT-D instance than explicitly
specified. The ttp:profile element and the tt:profile element are not
specified and therefore are also not allowed. The XML Schema for EBU-TT
Part 1 or EBU-TT-D would give you a validation error if you would
specify these or other vocabulary in an EBU-TT-D document.

In your reading there is no restriction on the EBU-TT-D document model
on the authoring side and in consequence there would be no difference
between TTML 1 and EBU-TT-D document. This is NOT the case. EBU-TT-D is
vocabulary subset of TTML 1.

If you read it the other way than there is a misunderstanding and from
EBU groups side we may have to see how we can avoid this kind of
misreading of the spec in future publications.

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas Tai
Production Systems Television IRT - Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
R&D Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstrasse 60, D-80939 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 32399-389 | Fax: +49 89 32399-200
http: www.irt.de | Email: tai@irt.de

registration court&  managing director:
Munich Commercial, RegNo. B 5191
Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns