Re: Formal Object to any new CR of IMSC1

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

> I hope we can work through the EBU provision and just solve this the
> straightforward way.
>

> However, in regard to: “If you know the document presented to you is an
> IMSC document, then…”, again, in what external context are you given only
> this information? I maintain that the condition being set up is contrived
> and no one would do it (at least not on purpose).

Not at all. I described this is exactly what is done in the case of the
Timed Text Toolkit (TT) tool set, which uses a model parameter to establish
the set of applicable profiles to draw from when verifying/presenting a
document. I described this in some detail in an earlier message in this
thread.

I am (now) using the term "multiple-profile processor" to describe such
usage. In the case of TTT, it is told that a document should be verified
with the "imsc1" model, which admits two profiles (text or image), but
absent a determination (or defaulting) of profile, processing cannot be
performed.