{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-12-03

Thanks all for attending today's meeting. Minutes can be found in HTML format at http://www.w3.org/2015/12/03-tt-minutes.html

In text format:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

03 Dec 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/12/03-tt-irc


          Frans, nigel, pal, tmichel




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]Action Items
         3. [6]Charter
         4. [7]IMSC
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions

   <scribe> scribe: nigel

This meeting

   nigel: There's a bit of action to report on and I think we want
   to cover IMSC pull requests in advance of CRs

   pal: Yes, it looks like Glenn is still implementing so if we
   move to a new CR now we may need another one in case more
   issues get filed.

   nigel: I'd like to know how much time Glenn will spend on it -
   if its 1 week that gives us one view; if 3 months then it would
   be another.

   pal: That would be a good question to ask.

   nigel: Anything else on the agenda?

   group: No AOB

Action Items


   <trackbot> action-452 -- Nigel Megitt to Check with frans about
   hosting the ibc slides on the ebu space, and send a link
   around. -- due 2015-12-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW


     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/452

   nigel: Thank you Frans for uploading the slides as requested,
   onto the EBU space. I've updated the action with the URL:


     [11] https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/events/IBC2015/EBU-TT-D_and_IMSC.pdf

   Action-452: nigel to add link to wiki prior to closing this

   <trackbot> Notes added to Action-452 Check with frans about
   hosting the ibc slides on the ebu space, and send a link


   <trackbot> action-451 -- Thierry Michel to Investigate if we
   are required to move to the 2015 process -- due 2015-12-03 --


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/451

   tmichel: I'm sorry that I cannot report because I've not been
   able to discuss it with plh.
   ... I will ping him again today and hopefully report in a few

   pal: Thank you!


   <trackbot> action-450 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Check
   character to glyph mappings for common script value -- due
   2015-11-26 -- OPEN


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/450

   pal: We should actually file this as an issue on github
   ... I'll do that right now. And I'll include a prompt to remind
   Glenn about the list of complex scripts.
   ... [files issue]
   ... Thank you for the reminder. This one is not fatal but we
   should find a solution.


     [14] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/103

   Action-450: This action moved to issue #103 on github at

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/103

   <trackbot> Notes added to Action-450 Check character to glyph
   mappings for common script value.

   close action-450

   <trackbot> Closed action-450.


   nigel: I just want to remind us that as per

   ... we need to prepare a new draft charter by the end of

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2015/10/29-tt-minutes.html#item01


   pal: I've merged 4 pull requests uneventfully.
   ... Related to issues #81, #84, #85 and #86

   nigel: Great!

   pal: The three remaining PRs will be on track to be closed
   soon. People seem happy so
   ... we're just waiting for the 2 week review period.
   ... I don't have any other major things. Glenn has raised some
   good issues that I'll address.
   ... I don't expect any further problems with those. How do we
   manage the fact that we want
   ... folks to have ready access to the latest version.

   nigel: I'll follow up with Glenn to get an estimate on his
   timescales in implementing IMSC 1.

   tmichel: Just to come back to the CR issue, I think now a new
   trend that was advocated
   ... by plh is to publish the CR when the group has the level of
   implementation readiness
   ... to exit CR.

   nigel: I think that was based on being in WD - we're already in

   tmichel: Well still we can use that idea. There are still
   people working on implementation
   ... so we can wait until we're ready before going to the next

   pal: I'm happy to wait. It was not obvious from the /TR page
   that the ED was really what
   ... they ought to be looking at, but I'm happy to withhold a CR
   until after Glenn has
   ... finished his initial implementation assuming that will be

   tmichel: I agree that's not obvious for people. We're
   requesting people to look at the ED
   ... to see the latest version but we're asking for
   implementations on the CR - that's not
   ... easy to understand. We can still publish any number of CRs
   with no problem. Now the process is easier too.

   pal: One positive of publishing a new CR is that the delta
   between successive CRs is smaller
   ... There's an argument for doing that even though we will have
   the pain of another CR later.

   nigel: I agree - it's just that if Glenn gives us a wrapped up
   implementation report by the
   ... end of December then we'll think we should have waited.

   pal: I agree with that. Let's target a CR version for next week

   tmichel: To clarify, my position is not to wait for more bug
   fixes. Personally I think we
   ... should publish a new CR. What I'm saying now is that
   there's this model that plh is pushing
   ... that simplifies the process. Myself I prefer to go to
   another CR even if there's another one.
   ... And it's good to make the deltas shorter and shorter over

   pal: Let's say we set a target for next week to go to CR. Can
   we close issues during the meeting?

   nigel: We can, yes - I view the Pull Request as a call for
   consensus, which for offline decisions
   ... is subject to the 2 week decision policy. If during a
   meeting we have all the right inputs
   ... and the folk who raised the issue are happy with it then I
   see that as equivalent to our
   ... previous working model of closing pending review issues.

   pal: What do we need to do to move to a CR?

   nigel: We need a version that we can propose to publish, and a
   minuted resolution to publish,
   ... then we need to agree the conformance changes as being
   substantive or not, and if there
   ... are any that are then we need to meet the Director.

   pal: Can we see if we can schedule a meeting with the Director
   for Dec 18?

   tmichel: I'll look at the diary and see if we can manage that

   pal: Okay that'd be the best option and would give us a couple
   of weeks to clean up the
   ... SOTD section etc.

   tmichel: I'll do that right now.

   nigel: So you don't think any of the open issues needs

   pal: I'd appreciate review, but they all look fairly

   nigel: Okay, I think we're out of agenda now so I'll adjourn -
   thanks everyone! [adjourns meeting]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([18]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/12/03 15:49:44 $

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Thursday, 3 December 2015 15:50:37 UTC