W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > September 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 4/9/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:20:44 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D02CFE66.10EAA%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: none;
Issues discussed: none;
Issues raised: Issue-338, Issue-339, Issue-340, Issue-341, Issue-342, Issue-343;
W3C new process document published.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
3. Recommendation Process
4. Action Items
5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
6. Planning for next change proposals to work on
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

September 4th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 Hours
September 5th: all issues to have been raised on IMSC 1 ED.
September 11th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour (regrets from Glenn and Mike)
September 18th: cancelled - just after our Geneva F2F
W/C September 22nd: TTML2 FPWD
September 25th: TTWG phone meeting: 2 Hours

Further ahead:
October 2nd: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
October 9th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: ? hours
October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

Agenda and attendee details are on the wiki at [1].

Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Wiki page will be at [2]. Currently empty. (Needs an agenda, attendees etc.)

Main topic will be TTML2? IMSC 1 will be in LC at this point.

Agenda+ Recommendation Process

New process available – see [3]. Do we wish to adopt this now for any of our deliverables?

(NB due to the likely attendees of this meeting I don't propose to discuss Silvia's email requesting adoption of the new process for WebVTT)

Agenda+ Action items overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-236<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>     open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>     open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-287<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>     open    Elaborate on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-298<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>     open    Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-320<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320/edit>     open    Review https://www.w3.org/wiki/ttml/codecsregistry w.r.t. recent ttml2 changes in profile definition mechanisms<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>   Glenn Adams     2014-08-21
ACTION-322<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322/edit>     open    Indicate preference for updating sdp-us for ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322> Jerry Smith     2014-08-21
ACTION-324<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324/edit>     open    Draft a note for imsc 1 progressivelydecodable to make concrete what authors should take into account<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>     Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-08-21

Agenda+ Issues raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

Raised
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-338<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/338>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/338/edit>        RAISED  inconsistent implicit duration of singleton span in sequential container<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/338>   2014-08-26      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-339<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339/edit>
allow #overflow RAISED  Allow the use of #overflow<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339> 2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-340<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340/edit>
profile designator clarification        RAISED  Make clear that the use of the ttp:profile attribute is not required.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>      2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-341<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341/edit>        RAISED  ambiguous definition for determination of descendant region identifier<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>     2014-08-27      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-342<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342/edit>
add 2 ebutts elements   RAISED  Add ebutts:multiRowAlign and ebutts:linePadding attributes to the IMSC Text Profile<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342>        2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-343<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343/edit>
non-IMSC/TTML elements  RAISED  Processing of non-IMSC/TTML namespace elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>     2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0




We have a limited timescale for working on IMSC 1, as previously agreed. The following issues are currently also Open on IMSC 1:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-327<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332/edit>
#cellResolution support OPEN    #cellResolution support<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>    2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-336<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336/edit>
aspectRatio syntax      OPEN    Syntax definition missing from ittp:aspectRatio<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336>    2014-08-14      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [4].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Timeline for TTML2 updated in 14th August meeting.

W/C 22 September: TTML2 FPWD
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014

[2] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[3] New process email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Sep/0000.html

[4] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 3 September 2014 16:21:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC