Re: Revised IMSC1 ED re: LC comments

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for making these edits. I've reviewed them and have some feedback
below on the changes for the comments which I don't think have been fully
addressed; the other referenced comments look like they've been addressed,
to me:

LC-2977: the edit doesn't seem to take into account the request to mention
that it only impacts non-transparent backgrounds - was that a deliberate
omission?

The new example 4 looks like perhaps it is supposed to render as the
images in the annex - if this is the case wouldn't it be preferable to put
the annex example directly into the forcedDisplay section and remove that
annex?

LC-2975: a search for "subtitle document" reveals 2 instances remaining.

LC-2979: I don't understand the new statement: "A Document Instance should
use either the offset-time or offset-time syntax for all time expressions
used therein."
Did you mean: "A Document Instance should use either the clock-time or
offset-time syntax for all time expressions used therein." ?
Also, I can't see how the new statement actually addresses the comment.

LC-2981: I see what you're getting at here but I think this needs some
more editing to make the point clear. Specifically it does not state
normatively the rule that text laid out using the relevant metrics must
not extend in either direction outside of the region.

7.3 is currently:
"The flow of text within a region depends the dimensions and spacing
(kerning) between individual glyphs. The following allows the region
extent to be set such that text flows without clipping.

A Document Instance shall be authored such that glyphs that match the
combinations of computed font family and code point listed in A. Reference
Fonts are laid out using metrics equal to the metrics of the specified
reference font, unless the glyph is not defined by the reference font."

I'd propose:
"The flow of text within a region depends on the dimensions of individual
glyphs and the spacing (kerning) between them. The following allows the
region extent to be set such that text flows without clipping.

A Document Instance shall be authored such that when text using the
reference fonts is laid out it does not extend in either the inline or
block progression direction beyond the Content Rectangle [XSL 1.1] of its
containing region. This applies to text that uses glyphs that match the
combinations of computed font family and code point listed in A. Reference
Fonts laid out using metrics equal to the metrics of the specified
reference font, unless the glyph is not defined by the reference font."

where [XSL 1.1] is as in TTML1.

LC-2967: Example 10 is very minimal! It would be more useful to include
all the extensions defined for the text profile in this example. Similarly
Example 11 would benefit from use of altText.

Kind regards,

Nigel