Re: Font problem on TTWG page

Le 05/11/2014 17:32, David Singer a écrit :
> On Nov 5, 2014, at 16:20 , Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>
>> Very curious. It's definitely a problem due to the combination: Windows, Chrome, Gill Sans. See attached image.
>
> So, the user-agent has fallen back from Gill Sans, you don’t have Verdana, and now it’s picked a font that you don’t like (and I can’t identify off the top of my head; it’s a bit like Bauhaus but I don’t recognize it.  I’d say you have two problems: the lack of Gill Sans and Verdana on your system, and the bizarre choice for a generic sans-serif fallback.
Thank you Dave. You helped me find the problem. The Gill Sans font is
installed on my system, but for some reasons that I don't understand I
have only two faces: Extra bold and Extra Bold Condensed. All other
faces are installed under the name "Gill Sans MT". Chrome was not
falling back on another font. It was preferring the Extra-bold Gill Sans
over the Normal Verdana. Don't know if this is correct or standard
behavior or not but definitely not a problem for the list. Sorry for the
noise.

Cyril