W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 22/5/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:16:31 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CFA29022.1E17C%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m.


Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.



Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140213T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140220T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140227T10&p1=43%C2%A0> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140306T10&p1=43%C2%A0> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140313T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140320T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140327T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140417T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140424T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140501T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140508T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140515T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140522T10&p1=43



Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am Boston local


Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")

IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc



Agenda+ Assign Roles


Chair: Nigel Megitt


Scribe: [to assign during meeting]


Regrets: Glenn Adams

I'm guessing we'll skip the actions/issues assigned to Glenn as in previous meetings.


Activity since last meeting: MPEG liaison re codecs, major update to profile related material (change proposal 12), IMSC issues raised


Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter


This will be a status summary for this topic prior to a fuller debate on this on 29th May when hopefully all contributors can attend.


ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     OPEN    Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>

ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles OPEN    Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     open    Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01



Liaison in mail archive at [1] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [2].


Agenda+ F2F planning

Note that a F2F has been diarised for Sep 16 & 17 to be hosted by EBU in Geneva. Agenda discussion (I hope to have something more to share between sending out this agenda and the start of the meeting).


ACTION-289<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/289>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/289/edit>     open    Create a wiki page for the september f2f with a draft agenda and an 'intention to attend' section.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/289>        Nigel Megitt    2014-05-22



Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-254<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/254>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/254/edit>     pending review  Add errata note for ttml1 pointing at constraint in smil prohibiting dur of zero, add normative text to ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/254>     Glenn Adams     2014-04-01      zero duration<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/299>



Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-207<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207/edit>     open    Add round-down clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207> Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-232<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/232>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/232/edit>     open    Consider also defining @validation on ttp:profile, in addition to (override) tt:tt<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/232>        Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-236<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>     open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-258<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258/edit>     open    Work with pal to resolve edits needed for issue-259 comments<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     open    Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01      Profile short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>
ACTION-285<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285/edit>     open    Implement proposed errata in issue-304<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>    Glenn Adams     2014-05-01      Non-Standard Unqualified Attributes<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304>
ACTION-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>     open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams     2014-05-01
ACTION-287<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>     open    Elaborate on wording in 4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>      Glenn Adams     2014-05-08

Agenda+ Issues discussed and raised over the past week (selected subset)


ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309/edit>
Image profile fails WCAG 1.2    RAISED  Image profile needs to permit text equivalent<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>      2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition    RAISED  Forward reference rule doesn't take into account child elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>    2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311/edit>
Note on progressivelyDecodable  RAISED  Note on progressivelyDecodable is not a sentence<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-312<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
forcedDisplay should be in ttm  RAISED  forcedDisplay attribute is metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313/edit>
Presented Region is informative only    RAISED  Presented Region section is informative only<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>       2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
Temporally active is not defined for regions    RAISED  Temporally active is not defined for regions<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>       2014-05-21      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      RAISED  Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-316<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316/edit>
Wording of 5.2  RAISED  Wording of 5.2 doesn't make sense<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0




Agenda+ Change Proposals  progress and review

Change Proposal 12 [5] has not been updated but Glenn has made changes that address many of the issues in there [6].
Can we agree to set the default @validationAction to "warn" and make it a recommendation to the validator rather than mandatory?

Change Proposal 2 [4] has been implemented and has been pending review for over 1 month
Can we mark as CLOSED  IMPLEMENTED?

Change Proposal Index is at [3].
Which Change Proposals would owners like to progress next? There are 20 open CPs.

Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues
August: Last Call

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[2] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[3] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
[4] Change Proposal 2 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
[5] Change Proposal 12 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012
[6] Glenn's email re major update to profile related material http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014May/0111.html
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 16:17:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:15 UTC