Re: Draft TTML Codecs Registry

OK

Though it will be a sub-parameter of the codecs parameter for the MP4 file type, from the point of view of TTML it’s actually a profile short name registry rather than codecs registry, so I think we should rename it…

the values here should be usable in both
a) the profiles parameter for the TTML mime type
b) the codecs parameter for the MP4 mime type

so, also "named codecs” -> “named profiles”

I agree with Cyril that we only need a single operator here (implement one of these profiles and you’re good to go), both because we don’t need the complexity, and because a “implement both/all of these” is effectively inviting file authors to make up new profiles (“to process this document you have to implement both A and B”), which is (IMHO) highly undesirable.

On May 15, 2014, at 9:55 , Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> See [1].
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/CodecsRegistry

Dave Singer