W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2014

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 8/5/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:46:03 +0000
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CF91566D.1D6C4%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Available at: http://www.w3.org/2014/05/08-tt-minutes.html



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

08 May 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/05/08-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          nigel, pal, jdsmith, plh

   Regrets
          mdolan, tmichel

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter
         2. [5]Action items pending review
         3. [6]Issues discussed and raised over the past week
         4. [7]Change Proposals
         5. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 08 May 2014

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter

   nigel: We'll discuss this next week. There's been a lot of
   email discussion on this.

   action-288?

   <trackbot> action-288 -- Nigel Megitt to Create issue for
   codecs parameter -- due 2014-05-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/288


     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/288


   close action-288

   <trackbot> Closed action-288.

Action items pending review

   action-246?

   <trackbot> action-246 -- Nigel Megitt to Take deliverables of
   draft charter to TAG for scrutiny -- due 2014-04-17 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/246


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/246


   nigel: This is a placeholder action I gave myself when we were
   reviewing the draft charter. I've reviewed TAG's remit and
   compared with our deliverables and concluded there's no action.

   close action-246

   <trackbot> Closed action-246.

   action-274?

   <trackbot> action-274 -- Nigel Megitt to Discuss with david
   singer possibilities for f2f before going ahead and adding ttwg
   to tpac agenda. -- due 2014-03-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/274


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/274


   nigel: I have requested TTWG meetings at TPAC. I have not had a
   response yet.

   plh: We need to confirm the F2F in September by July at the
   latest.

   close action-274

   <trackbot> Closed action-274.

Issues discussed and raised over the past week

   issue-307?

   <trackbot> issue-307 -- Conformance language and processor
   profile rather than content profile. -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307


   pal: I've added a note to the issue. I agree re language use
   and consistency.
   ... IMSC is primarily a content profile.

   nigel: I'm concerned with using the term profile for content
   profile when it's defined as 'processor profile' in TTML1. We
   know what 'content profile' means informally but it's defined
   in TTML1 as a processor profile.

   pal: I can amend to be explicit about content profiles too.

   nigel: We should also make sure that content profile language
   is aligned in TTML2 with what we want to use in IMSC

   pal: One proposal is to use 'content profile'. In practice
   everybody will use 'profile' so that will make the wording more
   verbose.
   ... Can we wait for Glenn's advice before making edits?

   nigel: yes, happy with that.

   OPEN issue-307

   s/

   pal: another term that is used in SDP-US is "document profile",
   which is fairly close to what IMSC uses today.

   nigel: that makes sense too.
   ... have opened the issue.

   issue-308?

   <trackbot> issue-308 -- It is unclear how a document is
   associated with a related video object -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/308


   pal: Related video object should be replaced with Related Media
   Object everywhere.
   ... There's no constraint on related objects unless
   ttp:frameRate is specified
   ... If you want the document to be independent of video frame
   rate don't use times with frames.

   nigel: This is an editorial issue on ยง4.4 3rd paragraph: I
   think what is meant is that if time expressions with frames are
   used then the frame rate in the related video object must be
   the same as that set.

   pal: In fact if frames are to be used then ttp:frameRate must
   be set in IMSC so they are equivalent, but I can add a note to
   make this clearer.
   ... I've added a note to the issue.
   ... I plan to wait for more comments, e.g. until the 3rd week
   of May, and look at the comments received then before updating
   the document.

Change Proposals

   [15]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002


     [15] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002


   jdsmith: We need Glenn before closing this.

   nigel: It would be helpful to have advance notice of any CPs
   that we plan to work on.

   jdsmith: I've reviewed internally and can discuss these on the
   agenda next week - the CPs I own.

   nigel: Thank you, I'll add them to the agenda.

AOB

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-05-08 14:44:07 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/






----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Thursday, 8 May 2014 14:46:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:15 UTC