Re: Liaison response - template on MIME type parameter for TimedText - ISSUE-305

Assuming you mean that we cover this in our regular weekly telcon on 15th
May, I'm happy to include it on the agenda.

It might be helpful if you could point us in the general direction of
where these misunderstandings are - from my recollection so far on this
thread we've covered:

1. using {profile} vs {namespace, schemaLocation},
2. processor behaviour vs declaration of document conformance, aka
semantics
3. syntax of the string formed by combining short labels,
4. [mis]use of the @codecs parameter when @profiles or simply additions to
the mime type would be better
5. registration process of short labels in W3C
6. amendments needed in external documents e.g. RFC 6381, IANA
application/ttml+xml registration

Is it possible to locate the misunderstandings in any of these categories?

Nigel

sent or received.
this.