W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > December 2014

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2014-12-11

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:06:12 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0AF711E.17E37%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks all for attending today's meeting. Minutes in HTML format are at: http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html

Text format minutes:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

11 Dec 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          Frans, tmichel, nigel, courtney, jdsmith, pal, plh

   Regrets
          andreas, mdolan

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This meeting
         2. [5]IMSC 1 transition to CR
         3. [6]Action items
         4. [7]Issues
         5. [8]Change Proposals
         6. [9]Note on TTML versions
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 11 December 2014

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

This meeting

   group: no AOB to raise

   nigel: Is the TTML2 publication timeline okay?

   pal: I wonder how long the whole Rec track process will take
   for TTML2.

IMSC 1 transition to CR

   nigel: We have published the CR - thanks everyone!
   ... And we have sent a Call for Implementations.

   tmichel: The latter is a message that must be sent by the Comm
   team as part of the W3C process.
   ... It went to ac-forum, which is member-restricted. We can
   take that message, redact it if necessary,
   ... and send it to anyone who might be interested in
   implementing the specification.
   ... Or we can send any other message we want too.

   nigel: So I think we have 2 actions: 1) to work on the test
   suite and
   ... 2) to publicise that this is a good time to work on
   implementations.

   tmichel: I can draft a message and prepare a list of bodies
   that we could send it to, and people could
   ... complement the list and then we can send the message out.

   <scribe> ACTION: tmichel Draft a message re IMSC 1 CR test
   suite and implementation and a list of bodies to send it to.
   [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-359 - Draft a message re imsc 1 cr
   test suite and implementation and a list of bodies to send it
   to. [on Thierry Michel - due 2014-12-18].

   jdsmith: Is anyone working on the test suite right now?

   pal: DECE has contributed all its CFF-TT test content, so we
   already have a good basis.
   ... My first plan is to translate them into IMSC 1 test cases
   e.g. by translating namespace values.

   jdsmith: I can contribute by doing a gap analysis comparing the
   current test suite to IMSC 1 CR

   Frans: you can send me issues for EBU to tackle, e.g. EBU-TT-D
   features that are in IMSC 1.

Action items

   action-354?

   <trackbot> action-354 -- Mike Dolan to Investigate formal
   contact at arib -- due 2014-11-27 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/354


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/354


   nigel: Mike did identify someone in ARIB and sent a liaison
   request note.

   plh: These group to group liaisons are managed at a group
   level.

   [13]http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison.html


     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison.html


   plh: We will need to update that page for the liaison, so we'll
   need two names, one for each organisation.
   ... And that's pretty much it.
   ... It's an action on the chair to send the letter, but I or
   Thierry can assist.

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel Send liaison request on behalf of W3C
   TTWG to ARIB [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-360 - Send liaison request on behalf
   of w3c ttwg to arib [on Nigel Megitt - due 2014-12-18].

   <scribe> ACTION: plh Update liaisons table to include ARIB
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-361 - Update liaisons table to
   include arib [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2014-12-18].

   close action-354

   <trackbot> Closed action-354.

Issues

   issue-358?

   <trackbot> issue-358 -- Add identifier support for related
   ordered sequences of documents -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/358


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/358


   reopen issue-358

   <trackbot> Re-opened issue-358.

   issue-10?

   <trackbot> issue-10 -- Allowing pointers to pre-rendered audio
   forms of elements -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/10


     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/10


   close issue-10

   <trackbot> Closed issue-10.

   issue-230?

   <trackbot> issue-230 -- Forced display -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/230


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/230


   close issue-230

   <trackbot> Closed issue-230.

   issue-238?

   <trackbot> issue-238 -- smpte:backgroundImage -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/238


     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/238


   close issue-238

   <trackbot> Closed issue-238.

   issue-239?

   <trackbot> issue-239 -- smpte:backgroundImageHorizontal --
   pending review

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/239


     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/239


   issue-240?

   <trackbot> issue-240 -- smpte:backgroundImageVertical --
   pending review

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/240


     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/240


   close issue-239

   <trackbot> Closed issue-239.

   close issue-240

   <trackbot> Closed issue-240.

   issue-241?

   <trackbot> issue-241 -- smpte:data (inline binary data) --
   pending review

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/241


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/241


   close issue-241

   <trackbot> Closed issue-241.

   issue-242?

   <trackbot> issue-242 -- smpte:image (inline image data) --
   pending review

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/242


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/242


   close issue-242

   <trackbot> Closed issue-242.

   issue-244?

   <trackbot> issue-244 -- m608:channel -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/244


     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/244


   nigel: On the reflector Andreas has signalled that all the
   issues solved with ttm:item need further
   ... consideration because they can't be validated using XML
   Schema 1.1.
   ... Glenn isn't here to respond to the comment, and neither is
   Andreas.

   Frans: As we're aware that more discussion is needed we could
   keep these open until resolved.

   nigel: We'll skip down past the ttm:item related issues...

   issue-273?

   <trackbot> issue-273 -- Map fontFamily to external font file
   resources -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273


     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/273


   nigel: It's hard to pull out the specific change on the
   Mercurial diff for this issue, plus it seems to be
   ... incomplete since there are editorial notes outstanding that
   are needed for full understanding of
   ... this solution.

   issue-287?

   <trackbot> issue-287 -- Generic ability to tunnel BASE64
   encoded binary files for legacy support -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/287


     [26] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/287


   close issue-287

   <trackbot> Closed issue-287.

   issue-289?

   <trackbot> issue-289 -- For TTML created for overlay on top of
   video, signal the aspect ratio of the video the TTML was
   created for -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289


   nigel: this is another ttm:item one, so leaving open.
   ... The remaining issues are all dependent on ttm:item, which
   needs to be closed off.

Change Proposals

   nigel: We just closed Issue-230, which was the only dependency
   for CP16
   ... so I'll close CP16.
   ... Looking at CP18...

   [28]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal018


     [28] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal018


   nigel: We closed issue-238, 239, 240, 242 and 287 so we can
   close this change proposal.
   ... which I'll do.
   ... I'll take the highlighting off Change Proposal 8 and 23
   too, while I'm editing the index page.

Note on TTML versions

   [29]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-stat

   us/index.html

     [29] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html


   nigel: It'd be useful for everyone to look at this and propose
   any edits - note that it's a product on the tracker
   ... so you can raise issues against it.
   ... Thanks everyone - we've completed our agenda. We meet for
   the last time in 2014 for 1 hour next week.
   ... [adjourns meeting]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: nigel Send liaison request on behalf of W3C TTWG
   to ARIB [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh Update liaisons table to include ARIB
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: tmichel Draft a message re IMSC 1 CR test suite
   and implementation and a list of bodies to send it to.
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-12-11 16:03:27 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/




Received on Thursday, 11 December 2014 16:06:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:43:44 UTC