From: Courtney Kennedy <ckennedy@apple.com<mailto:ckennedy@apple.com>>
Date: Friday, 15 August 2014 16:31
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk<mailto:nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: ISSUE-335 (Negative times for offsets): In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times. [TTML.next]

HI Nigel,

This is a real world situation that I have encountered with some content.  For whatever reason, the producers of the subtitles cannot use the same start time as the producers of the video and audio.  I think there is a benefit to have all the information within the subtitles file rather than having it in a sideband file which can get lost or separated from the subtitles file.

Best Regards,
Courtney