Re: TTML Agenda for 15/05/13 - Proposed updates to charter

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>wrote:

> > Yes, you can. You can do that with any format. However, that means
> > that JS supports the TTML format, not the browser.
>
> So shouldn't the following two processes roughly equivalent? If not, why?
>
> TTML document ---------> WebVTT document -----------> UA
> TTML document ----JS----> sequence of calls to TextTrack API

In the second option above, it isn't clear to me what role the JS takes.
I'm assuming that the JS is not parsing TTML or constructing cues, but
merely making use of cues (as it desires) in a manner that would occur if
it was a VTT document and the UA is constructing cues.