Re: ISSUE-257: Interpretation of percentage tts:fontSize on root (tt) element

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  The new XML schema currently permits style attributes, and should
> be corrected.

This is a side effect of having added ##other to core attributes in
resolving ISSUE-150 [1][2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/150
[2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/tt/spec/xsd/Attic/ttaf1-dfxp-core-attribs.xsd.diff?r1=1.3;r2=1.4;hideattic=0;f=h

I'm not sure it is possible to say ##other minus {ttm,ttp,tts} namespaces,
or at least I haven't tried doing this with XSD.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Unrelated, but also about the schema, I thought we had found the
> authoritative xml.xsd on ww3.org a while back and we were going to defer
> to that and not include our own copy?

There is a problem with the xml.xsd you refer to [3]: namely, it types
xml:lang as xs:language, but xs:language [4] doesn't admit the empty
string, which is a legal value according to XML 1.0 [5].

[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#language
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-lang-tag