W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2013

TTWG Meeting Minutes Feb 7, 2013

From: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 22:26:35 +0000
To: "'public-tt@w3.org'" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ab457cb070af4ad5bce37dd642e8494b@BY2PR03MB059.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
See: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-tt-minutes.html

http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-tt-minutes.html,text


Thanks to Philippe for the assistance - IRC was cranky again today.

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

07 Feb 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          sean, +41.22.717.aaaa, mike, mmartin3, pal,
          Frans_deJong_EBU_, +1.617.347.aabb, Plh,
          +1.408.515.aacc, +1.617.347.aadd, mjordan

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          mmartin3

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Issues
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <Sean> just sent.

   <trackbot> Date: 07 February 2013

   Chair

   Sean Hayes

   <scribe> scribenick: mmartin3

   <Sean> I havent prepared much for today

   <Sean> but I want to try and get a handle on what is
   outstanding to complete the SE

   Regrets Glenn Adams

   sean: No agenda. In between work items.
   ... SDP-US published [6]http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/

   ... TTML 1.0 SE draft published
   ... Quantify TTML 1.0.
   ... 1.0 issues to address in 1.1.

      [6] http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/


Issues

   Issue-156?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-156 -- semantics of missing #feature -- open

   <trackbot>
   [7]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156


      [7] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156


   mike: Should we discuss if #profile is author or for decoder?

   sean: Player is a known feature but wasn't originally
   envisioned.
   ... Include in TTML 1.1.

   mike: Not an authoring profile but a directive to the processor
   to reject the document if features aren't supported.

   mmartin3: Glenn's proposal Actiion 53.
   [8]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/53


      [8] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/53


   mike: Address in 1.1 agreed.

   mmartin3: [9]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/81b0eec0faae Draft
   Glenn posted.

      [9] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/81b0eec0faae


   sean: Issue-156 is TTML 1.0.. Label as such.
   ... Issue-156 is in progress and close Feb 14.

   Issue-157?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- transformation profile -- open

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157


     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157


   mike: Defer to TTMl 1.1.

   sean: Agreed.
   ... Issue-157 is TTML 1.1.

   pal: Aspect ratio discussion?

   sean: Get Netflix to join the meeting.

   mmartin: aacc is David Ronca for Netflix

   sean: Defer Issue-157 to Feb 14.

   Issue-162?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-162 -- profile discrepancy -- open

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162


   mike: Could handle in SE.

   sean: Agree. Address Issue-162 in TTML 1.0 SE.
   ... Can you identify the discrepancies in profile definiton in
   TTML 1.0?

   mike: My questions were with the full dxfp.

   sean: Discuss Feb 14.

   Action Sean Call for Action to identify discrepancies in TTML
   1.0 on different profiles.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-141 - Call for Action to identify
   discrepancies in TTML 1.0 on different profiles. [on Sean Hayes
   - due 2013-02-14].

   Issue-163?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Clarify use of cell units in certain
   properties -- open

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/163


     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/163


   sean: Some properties need clarification on what direction they
   are working in.
   ... Will work on to place on agenda for Feb 14.

   Issue-166?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-166 -- authoritative schemaLocation for
   authoritative schemas like TTML -- open

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/166


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/166


   sean: Where schemas live.
   ... PLH was is the common practice to reference schemas?
   ... Which is definitive one?

   plh: Make them informative outside of the specification to
   allow them to exist in one place and maintain.
   ... Changing practices over the years.
   ... Easier to maintain.

   sean: Remove from SE and then point to schemas.
   ... Open .xsd that can be referenced from tools.

   mike: Current annexes with schemas are normative.

   sean: Normative prose not XML.
   ... Don't preempt the text.

   plh: We're not changing an implementation or the semantics.

   mike: What about the multiple files that exist for TTML?
   ... Common location for .zip

   plh: Remove the text from the specification and PLH to provide
   location of the schemas.

   Resolved to remove the text from the specification and PLH to
   provide location of the schemas for TTML 1.0 SE.

   Action Glenn Remove the text from the specification and PLH to
   provide location of the schemas.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-142 - Remove the text from the
   specification and PLH to provide location of the schemas. [on
   Glenn Adams - due 2013-02-14].

   Action PLH to Provide location to Glenn for unwrapped schemas.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-143 - Provide location to Glenn for
   unwrapped schemas. [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2013-02-14].

   Issue-168?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-168 -- Padding on tt:p and tt:span elements --
   open

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/168


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/168


   sean: This should be against TTML 1.1.

   mmartin3: Done.
   ... TTML.next.

   Issue-170?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- Section 5.2 para 8 is vague regarding
   optionality of specifying profile in case where profile is
   negotiated/determined by 'document interchange process' -- open

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170


     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170


   sean: Issue indicates Glenn added text to TTML 1.0 SE.

   <scribe> ...In progress.

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: Address Feb 14 if Glenn is present.

   Issue-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- REGION-OF(E) pseudo-code doesn't match
   prose -- open

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/172


     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/172


   sean: Glenn is working on that one. Defer. TTML 1.0 SE scope.

   mike: Issue-171?

   mmartin3: Glenn did post in Sept 2012:
   [17]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542


     [17] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542


   Issue-171?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-171 -- need to clarify meaning of "prune" in
   9.3.2 -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/171


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/171


   sean: Sean reads the text that Glenn proposed:
   [19]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542

   ... Reasonable.

     [19] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542


   mike: Agreed.

   <scribe> Closed Issue-171 based on Glenn's text and integrate
   into TTML 1.0 SE:
   [20]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542.


     [20] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/94e02f131542.


   Issue-173?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-173 -- presentation semantics of control
   characters and other unmapped characters -- open

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/173


     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/173


   sean: Defer to TTML 1.1.

   Issue-175?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-175 -- media type and file extension not
   registered -- open

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/175


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/175


   mike: Provided text in Dec 2012. Glenn rejected the text last
   week.

   sean: Will review comments from Glenn.
   ... TTML 1.0 SE.

   Issue-178?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-178 -- initial values and style set
   calculations are unclear, especially for transformable
   attributes -- open

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/178


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/178


   mike: 8.4 doesn't handle initial values for attributes.

   sean: Glenn is aware of the problem.

   Action Glenn Respond to Issue-178 from Dolan.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-144 - Respond to Issue-178 from
   Dolan. [on Glenn Adams - due 2013-02-14].

   Issue-179?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- Interpreting the pixel measure -- open

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179


     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179


   sean: Propose to add to discussion Feb 14. Action to me to
   propose revisions.

   Issue-180?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- regions relative to the root container
   -- open

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/180


     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/180


   mike: Glenn felt strongly about leaving it unconstrained but
   addressed in SDP-US.
   ... Negative extents?

   sean: May be more than one interpretation on the semantics.
   ... Not constrain TTML.

   mike: Wouldn't know what to do with negative extents.

   sean: Position above the video and dependent on display
   processor if it is clipped.
   ... Say negative extents don't mean anything. Should we
   prohibit?
   ... Ask Glenn to clarify if negative extents remain.
   ... Make non-negative integer.

   Action Glenn to identify if he would support a negative extent
   based on discussion to Issue-180?

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-145 - Identify if he would support a
   negative extent based on discussion to Issue-180? [on Glenn
   Adams - due 2013-02-14].

   mmartin3: Issue indicates we would clarify in TTML 1.0 SE and
   address more substantively in TTML 1.1.

   mike: Need to resolve negative extent.

   sean: Moving the region off the root container should be fine.
   Negative extent is not well defined however.
   ... Could handle if XSL-FO handles this.
   ... No other issues for today.
   ... No other business.
   ... Traveling for a couple of weeks. Interim chair?
   ... Adjourn.

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-02-07 20:57:53 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01
Check for newer version at [28]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/

scribe/

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/1.1/1.0./
Succeeded: s/proose/prose/
Succeeded: s/Postiion/Position/
Succeeded: s/XSD/XSL-FO/
Found ScribeNick: mmartin3
Inferring Scribes: mmartin3


Monica

Monica J Martin
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc. 
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation





Received on Thursday, 7 February 2013 22:29:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:06 UTC