Re: ISSUE-268 (nigel): Purpose of new draft wording in 12.2.1 is unclear [TTML 1.0]

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>wrote:

>  Apologies, I agree significant is defined.
>
>  However, I don't understand why in 12.1.7 it is sufficient merely to use
> the word significant to express this concept whereas in 12.2.1 it is also
> clarified that the agent instances must appear in the same Document
> Instance – surely this is a tautology, or if not the same qualification
> applies in both 12.1.1 and 12.1.7. It may be clearer to move the 'in the
> same Document instance' phrasing to the definition of significant in 12.1.5.

You are correct that the new clarification implies the same Document
Instance. The latter language, about the same Document Instance, preceded
the new clarification about referencing a "significant" agent, and when I
made the new clarification, I felt that it didn't invalidate the
pre-existing language, and that it wouldn't hurt to leave it in.

If you think it better to do so, I could remove the the "same Document
Instance" language, which would be more correct than propagating this old
language to 12.1.5.