Re: ISSUE-268 (nigel): Purpose of new draft wording in 12.2.1 is unclear [TTML 1.0]

Not a bug. See 12.1.5 for meaning of "significant" in this context:

A ttm:agent metadata item is considered to be significant only when
specified as a child of the head element or as a child of a metadata element
child of the head element.