W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2012

{minutes} TTML Agenda for 31/5/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:51:06 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+f-PDJ2CLYNZN-sEsMr29ZqyE_LXzu6um8sU9AdcEDOzg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Draft minutes at http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-tt-minutes.html. Text version
follows:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

31 May 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0030.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          glenn, +44.154.558.aaaa (sean), +49.893.aabb (andreas), sean, andreas,
          mike, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +1.617.300.aacc (geoff)

   Regrets
   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ISSUE-154
         2. [6]ISSUE-151
         3. [7]CP 001 - add animation to region, multiple elements
            for single set, can reference style block, allow
            target for another element
         4. [8]CP 002 - Adding origin/extent to block level
            elements
         5. [9]Review Open Actions
         6. [10]Adjournment
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 31 May 2012

   <scribe> Scribe: glenn

ISSUE-154

   ISSUE-154?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- Clarify the endsync behavior -- open

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

   sean: with default endsync of last, then parent will finish
   immediately if no child is activated

   resolved: change default for endsync to all, to go into 2nd
   edition

   glenn: wonders if this is a substantial change and will be an
   issue or not

   sean: thinks current text is broken, and this is reasonable
   change

ISSUE-151

   ISSUE-151?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Clarify syncbase in SMPTE continuous
   mode -- open

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

   glenn: under 10.4, need to break out smpte/continuous to
   separate bullet

   andreas: wanted clarification (if needed) that in
   smpte/continuous,
   ... a child's begin (in par context), if expressed as time
   code, should it be with respect to parent or as marker
   matching?
   ... regarding time offset expressions, don't think they are
   currently admitted even for smpte/continuous mode

   glenn: don't believe that was the intention, so need to double
   check this

   sean: agrees

   mike: spec needs to make clear that smpte time base (whether
   continuous/discontinuous) needs an external time base
   ... so may need to add note/text making it clear
   ... also possibly needs language making definition of epoch
   clear

   sean: for 2nd Ed, thinks we should retain distinction
   continuous/discontinuous, but may be able to remove in 1.1 if
   we agree to do so

   glenn: needs to review text to verify whether time offsets are
   permitted in smpte/continuous, and if not clear, then should
   add clarifying text

   mike: there was an issue about default value of markerMode...
   ... concern is that if an implementation is constrained to
   support discontinuous only, then content will need to be
   explicit

   sean: perhaps we should mandate explicit setting of markerMode
   in case timeBase is smpte

   andreas: problems came from confusion of readers

   mike: forces EBU to use attribute in authoring, but doesn't
   really want to specify

   andreas: wants smpte time base to work without having to
   specify marker mode, since discontinuous seems to be common
   assumption as default

   sean: would be happy to accept change

   glenn: if we change endsync default, then we could change this
   as well

   sean: plh will need to make decision
   ... thinks both changes (to endsync and markerMode defaults) is
   correcting errors in spec

   mike: perhaps we should reach out to users/authors to gauge
   response
   ... cpc, bbc, ...
   ... iplayer group at bbc is using

   sean: will attempt to reach out to community

   mike: will give us more clear indication

   ACTION sean to reach out to community to gauge response to a
   possible change in default behavior for endsync and markerMode

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Reach out to community to gauge
   response to a possible change in default behavior for endsync
   and markerMode [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-06-07].

   sean: expect to make these changes (to default of endsync and
   markerMode) if there are no objections

CP 001 - add animation to region, multiple elements for single set,
can reference style block, allow target for another element

   [14]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

     [14] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

   resolved: to accept CP 001

CP 002 - Adding origin/extent to block level elements

   [15]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002

     [15] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002

   sean: implementations have supported this on incorrect reading
   of text
   ... would need to be done in 1.1
   ... improves locality of reference, since reduces need to
   pre-declare regions

   glenn: has thought about this, and believes a simple mechanism
   could be defined based on anonymous regions

   sean: take a look at current CP and update/add

   mike: wonders about how to apply changes to anonymous region
   properties, should assist with 708 mapping

   glenn: should be able to animate (via set) the anonymous region
   properties by referring to block element itself

   sean: group should review CP 002

Review Open Actions

   ACTION-62?

   <trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Glenn Adams to search TT member
   archives for reference to video showing smooth scrolling -- due
   2012-04-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/62

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/62

   mike: who/why was this requested?

   sean: sees that plh has already found the correct reference

   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.
   html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.html

   mike: thinks adding an animation to do smooth scroll would not
   be a good technical solution

   sean: could put in note indicating that reflow should attempt
   to move content in a smooth fashion

   mike: could consider referring to paragraph/text in 608 that
   would help define semantics

   ACTION mike to provide reference to 608/708 that
   defines/clarifies semantics of smooth flowing/scrolling

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - mike

   ACTION sean to work with mike to provide reference to 608/708
   that defines/clarifies semantics of smooth flowing/scrolling

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Work with mike to provide
   reference to 608/708 that defines/clarifies semantics of smooth
   flowing/scrolling [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-06-07].

Adjournment

   sean: adjourned

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/05/31 14:59:53 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[20]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: glenn, +44.154.558.aaaa, +49.893.aabb, sean, andreas,
mike, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +1.617.300.aacc
Present: glenn +44.154.558.aaaa +49.893.aabb sean andreas mike Andrew_K
irkpatrick +1.617.300.aacc
Agenda:
[21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0030.html
Found Date: 31 May 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[22]http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-tt-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0030.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/31-tt-minutes.html


   End of [23]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm



On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>wrote:

> Because our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in
> your locale may change. Please check
>
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=31&year=2012&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 15:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt
> Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
> Agenda
>
> Chair: Sean Hayes
>
> Agenda+ Assign Scribe
>
> Agenda+ Decision on issue 154 (endsync all)
>
> Agenda+ Update on issue 151 (syncbase on smpte/continuous)
>
> Agenda+ Decision on Change Proposal 001 (updates to <set> element)
>
> Agenda+ introduction/Discussion on Change Proposal 002 (origin and extent
> on block elements)
>
> Agenda+ review open actions
>
> Links to Key Documents
>
> [1] Draft Charter at  http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001
> [2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
> [3] TTML Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
> Reference
>
> Tracker (Issues and Actions): http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker
>
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 31 May 2012 16:52:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC