W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2012

{minutes} TTML Agenda for 23/5/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:26:34 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+d1tu_YOckpHdoS5nHND9jEsLADmvQ5PWJutfnh2KpdiQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

24 May 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0013.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/05/24-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Sean Hayes (sean), Mike Dolan (mike), Glenn Adams (glenn),
Geoff Freed (geoff)

   Regrets
   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Adjournment
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 24 May 2012

   <scribe> Scribe: glenn

   sean: have 8 parties willing to participate
   ... comcast, cablelabs, movielabs, ...
   ... cox, netflix, boeing, disney
   ... innomax? objected
   ... adobe supports
   ... monotype supports with changes, ebu also supports with
   changes
   ... bbc and apple support, but apple likes some emphasis on
   interoperability
   ... mozilla opposes due to inclusion of html5 in the charter

   mike: asks about where the proposed changes will be vetted

   sean: plh will provide further input on return from holiday

   ACTION-41?

   <trackbot> ACTION-41 -- Sean Hayes to ACTION: Sean to start the
   Note on how to use TTML with HTML5/CSS [recorded in ]
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03] --
   due 2012-04-01 -- OPEN

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot>
   [8]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

      [8] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

   ACTION-41: will postpone until determination of whether to work
   on HTML5 or not

   <trackbot> ACTION-41 ACTION: Sean to start the Note on how to
   use TTML with HTML5/CSS [recorded in ]
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03]
   notes added

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION-51?

   <trackbot> ACTION-51 -- Glenn Adams to review and draft CP for
   resolving ISSUE-151 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

   ISSUE-151?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Clarify syncbase in SMPTE continuous
   mode -- open

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

   mike: thinks the typical case is discontinuous
   ... changing the default creates a backwards incompatibility
   ... old analog linear editors generally introduce smpte
   discontinuitities
   ... believes more explanatory text is needed rather than
   changing default

   sean: agrees with mike that should not change default due to
   backward incompatibility
   ... not aware of any implementation that supports smpte time
   base yet
   ... thinks ebu use case with archived content may employ smpte
   codes more

   mike: would like to get closure on schema copyright issue

   sean: glenn will need to do some more work on ACTION-51

   ISSUE-169?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-169 -- Unclear under what terms the XSD schema
   is to be available -- open

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/169

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/169

   mike: asked plh about use of schemas for derivative works
   ... assumes it is software, but plh assumed it is documentation
   ... schema is incorporated into spec, but extra files were a
   bonus

   sean: thinks it is software
   ... nobody in WG is objecting to this position
   ... so will announce this consensus as a decision after a
   week's time if no other objection

   ACTION sean to create ISSUE regarding use case / requirement
   for specifying extent and origin on content element, such as
   tt:p

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Create ISSUE regarding use case
   / requirement for specifying extent and origin on content
   element, such as tt:p [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-05-31].

   sean: need to make progress on actions for next week

   <Sean> [13]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

     [13] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001

   sean: will try to get Jason on call next week to discuss
   ACTION-66

Adjournment

   adjourned

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]


On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>wrote:

> Because our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in
> your locale may change. Please check
>
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=23&year=2012&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 15:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt
> Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
> Agenda
>
> Chair: Sean Hayes
>
> Agenda+ : Assign Scribe
>
> Agenda+ : Charter updates
>
> Agenda+ : review open actions
>
> Agenda+ : Schema license
>
> Agenda+ : Change Proposal 001.
>
> Agenda+ : origin and extent on <p> and <div>
>
> Agenda+ : shrink to fit regions.
>
>
>
> Links to Key Documents
>
> [1] Draft Charter at  http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001
> [3] TTML Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
> Reference
>
> Tracker (Issues and Actions): http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker
>
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 24 May 2012 16:27:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC