W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > March 2012

{minutes} TTML Agenda for 15/3/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:33:12 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+eci+XcdiQjqDJWXrXvzKQp1ZnxoVNtd2Fg2nwQxQjDCw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
                             - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

15 Mar 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Mar/0023.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          sean, glenn, plh, mike (irc only), johnb (irc only)

   Regrets

   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]redirect of errata
         2. [6]pending review action items
         3. [7]Charter update
         4. [8]Open Action Items
         5. [9]Open Issues
         6. [10]New Issues
         7. [11]AOB
         8. [12]Adjournment
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 15 March 2012

   <scribe> Scribe: glenn

   <mike> on another call today. joining by IRC only.

   will start in a minute or so

   <Sean_> test

   plh, are you joining on voice, or just irc?

   <plh> oops

   <plh> w3c-test.org

redirect of errata

   ACTION-44?

   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Glenn Adams to put in place a new
   errata and ask plh to set up the redirect to it -- due
   2012-03-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

   glenn: file content has been put in place in ttml repo

   plh: will create redirect on w3.org from current loc to new loc
   in ttml repo

   glenn: may revise redirect in future if there is a full
   checkout location for errata

pending review action items

   ACTION-46?

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 -- Glenn Adams to remove examples as
   editorial change -- due 2012-03-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/46

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/46

   <plh> Glenn, since you'

   <plh> re done with your part, I'm taking over action 44

   sean: no issues with 46, 47

   close ACTION-46

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 Remove examples as editorial change closed

   ACTION-47?

   <trackbot> ACTION-47 -- Glenn Adams to add "(Second Edition)"
   to draft -- due 2012-03-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/47

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/47

   close ACTION-47

   <trackbot> ACTION-47 Add "(Second Edition)" to draft closed

   ACTION-49?

   <trackbot> ACTION-49 -- Glenn Adams to add note and editorial
   text elaborating "transformation semantics" -- due 2012-03-08
   -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/49

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/49

   glenn: just implemented last night

   sean: let's leave this in pending review state for another week
   to give opportunity to review

Charter update

   plh: have received comments, but still awaiting a few more
   comments, hoping to have by tomorrow
   ... one comment is that the Time Tracks CG is not listed as a
   liaison

   sean: suggests requesting Dave Singer, who is chairing that CG,
   to serve as liaison since he is chairing that CG

   plh: but not a dependency
   ... expecting further input from Judy Brewer, re a11y input
   ... no significant objections on charter at this time

   sean: if necessary to set up call with Judy, then please do so

Open Action Items

   ACTION-41?

   <trackbot> ACTION-41 -- Sean Hayes to ACTION: Sean to start the
   Note on how to use TTML with HTML5/CSS [recorded in ]
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03] --
   due 2012-04-01 -- OPEN

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

   sean: wip

   ACTION-44?

   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to put in place a
   new errata and ask plh to set up the redirect to it -- due
   2012-03-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

   plh: will close once redirect is in place

   ACTION-48?

   <trackbot> ACTION-48 -- Sean Hayes to elaborate issue-151
   points -- due 2012-03-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/48

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/48

   sean: wip

Open Issues

   ISSUE-152?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- language in 9.3.3 -- open

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

   close ISSUE-152

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 language in 9.3.3 closed

   ISSUE-153?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- 'metrics' should be changed to 'units'
   -- open

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/153

     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/153

   close ISSUE-153

   <trackbot> ISSUE-153 'metrics' should be changed to 'units'
   closed

   ISSUE-155?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- #metadata-foreign not defined -- open

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/155

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/155

   close ISSUE-155

   <trackbot> ISSUE-155 #metadata-foreign not defined closed

   ISSUE-157?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- transformation profile -- open

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

   leave open for one more week

   ISSUE-156?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-156 -- semantics of missing #feature -- open

   <trackbot>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

     [26] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

   ISSUE-162?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-162 -- profile discrepancy -- open

   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162

     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162

   sean: need Mike and Andreas on call to resolve, will table for
   now

   ISSUE-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- managing x-role extensions -- open

   <trackbot>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/164

     [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/164

New Issues

   ISSUE-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- managing x-role extensions -- open

   <trackbot>
   [29]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/164

     [29] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/164

   sean: would be useful to employ a registry for role (for
   x-...); should review this feature
   ... suggests an open issue

   +Present mike (irc only)

   +Present johnb (irc only)

   sean: asks plh about whether W3C has registrar for light-weight
   registries
   ... e.g., that TTWG could designate for allowing registry of
   new role tokens

   glenn: checks spec to determine if this is only use of x-
   ... verifies that x- is only used with ttm:role attribute
   values

   [30]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#metadata-attribute-role

     [30] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#metadata-attribute-role

   sean/plh: discuss possible use of a wiki

   <plh> [31]http://www.w3.org/wiki/

     [31] http://www.w3.org/wiki/

   sean: will set up base page in wiki

   plh: encourages putting url into spec

   glenn: notes (1) wiki should be general for ttml, and have
   sub-page for registry
   ... (2) current spec text 12.2.2 reserves all tokens that do
   not start with x- for future standardization
   ... but does so informatively (because it is stated in a note)

   plh: suggests having link from spec to registry
   ... also have other solutions than wiki that could be used,
   e.g., xpointer registry

   action to sean create wiki page for ttml and subpage for role
   registry

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - to

   action to sean create wiki page for ttml and subpage for role
   registry

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - to

   action sean to create wiki page for ttml and subpage for role
   registry

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-50 - Create wiki page for ttml and
   subpage for role registry [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-03-22].

   ISSUE-163?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Clarify use of cell units in certain
   properties -- open

   <trackbot>
   [32]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/163

     [32] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/163

   sean: since a cell need not be rectangular, creates an
   ambiguity when 'c' unit is used in length specifications
   ... perhaps someone can create a CP?
   ... will issue call for CP to fix this issue

   ACTION-50 create area of wiki to place CPs

   ACTION-50: create area of wiki to place CPs

   <trackbot> ACTION-50 Create wiki page for ttml and subpage for
   role registry notes added

AOB

   None

Adjournment

   Adjourned

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/03/15 15:29:33 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[35]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: +44.154.558.aaaa, glenn, Plh, sean_
Present: +44.154.558.aaaa glenn Plh sean_
Agenda:
[36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Mar/0023.html
Found Date: 15 Mar 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[37]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-tt-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Mar/0023.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/15-tt-minutes.html


   End of [38]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 15 March 2012 15:34:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC