W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > March 2012

[TTWG] Draft Minutes (was: Re: TTML Agenda for 1/3/12)

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:05:07 -0700
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+fQnWRyF6poEqJ72os9nfG2ry05K+uReQyNPdQSKxWqvg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

01 Mar 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0029.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +44.844.800.aaaa (Sean), glenn, Mike_Dolan, +49.893.aabb (Andreas),
          andreas-irt, Plh, Sean, +1.617.300.aacc (WGBH)

   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]end sync issue
         2. [6]Issue 151
         3. [7]clarify syncbase on smpte continuous mode
         4. [8]what does "transformation semantics" mean (see D.1.102)
         5. [9]adjournment
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 01 March 2012

   <scribe> scribe: glenn

   regrets geoff

   <plh> trackbot-ng, start telcon

   sean: franz may be at a meeting in london, this is probably it for
   today

   <trackbot> Meeting: Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 01 March 2012

   plh: i already set up trackbot

   np

   <plh> zaki, aaaa is Sean

   <scribe> chair: sean

   <scribe> scribe: glenn

   <scribe> agenda:
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0029.html

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0029.html

   sean: has made editorial changes to charger per last week
   ... but not yet published

   <plh> charter updated:
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

   ACTION-152?

   <trackbot> ACTION-152 does not exist

   <Sean> Geoff is WGBH?

   <plh> action-44?

   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Glenn Adams to redirect errata -- due
   2012-03-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

   ISSUE-152?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- language in 9.3.3 -- open

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

   <plh> Glenn: I updated the draft

   <plh> ... redirect is in place

   <plh> ... I found some issues due to parameters

   <plh> ... so folks might need to update their bookmarks

   <plh> issue-152?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- language in 9.3.3 -- open

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

   <plh> action-43?

   <trackbot> ACTION-43 -- Glenn Adams to implement edit for issue-152
   -- due 2012-03-01 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/43

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/43

   action-43?

   <trackbot> ACTION-43 -- Glenn Adams to implement edit for issue-152
   -- due 2012-03-01 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/43

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/43

   action-45?

   <trackbot> ACTION-45 -- Glenn Adams to effect editorial change on
   issue-153 -- due 2012-03-01 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/45

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/45

   <plh> [19]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/5b9abdec7634

     [19] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/rev/5b9abdec7634

   [20]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.h
   tml

     [20] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html

   action-44?

   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Glenn Adams to redirect errata -- due
   2012-03-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

   not yet implement

   <plh> +1 to mercurial

   will follow up with plh on action-44

   <plh> plh: can we close issue 152 and 153?

   <plh> sean: let's wait to review the changes first

   leave issues 152, 153 open for a week, pending review, then close
   next week

   <plh> action-46?

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 -- Glenn Adams to remove examples as editorial
   change -- due 2012-03-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/46

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/46

   <plh> Glenn: got ready to do that. I wasn't exactly sure on the
   instruction however

   <plh> ... and not sure we should do that

   <plh> ... I think section 12.1.1 metadata has two example fragments

   <plh> ... one is foreign metadata

   <plh> ... and one is element metadata

   <plh> ... is that what I was supposed to remove?

   <plh> Sean: no

   <plh> ... in Annex F

   <plh> ... we have F.1 DFXP profile

   <plh> ... there was a feature there

   <plh> ... and no corresponding features in annex E

   <plh> -->
   [23]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.h
   tml#profile-dfxp-transformation F.1 DFXP Transformation Profile

     [23] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#profile-dfxp-transformation

   <plh> ... as well as F1, F2, and F3

   <plh> action-46: examples to fix are in F1, F2, F3. search for a
   feature that is not defined in annex D

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 Remove examples as editorial change notes added

   <plh> action-46: remove <feature
   value="optional">#metadata-foreign</feature> from the examples

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 Remove examples as editorial change notes added

   <plh> Sean: I have no object to adding it though

   <plh> ... it's not critical either way

   <plh> ... if it's an easy change, that's fine

   <plh> ... it's not a huge change

   <plh> ... right now, it didn't seem sensible to keep it

   <plh> ?: what would it mean to keep it?

   <plh> Glenn: it's not really rejecting but ignored. the spec
   requires that foreign attributes to remove before doing validity. if
   the feature was required, it would mean that the transformation
   process would have to keep it into account

   <plh> Sean: seems that they should use a specific flag instead,
   rather than a generic one

   <plh> ?: +1

   <plh> Glenn: ok, let's remove the feature token and people can
   introduce their owns

   <plh> Sean: agreed, it's better for everyone

   <plh> ... and make more sense in light of the extension mechanism

   <plh> Glenn: ok, I'll do the change then

   plh: i can continue now

end sync issue

   sean: any input?
   ... leave open for more review

   <plh> Sean: did people look at the action on default endsync?

   <plh> [no answer]

   <plh> Sean: let's keep it open for now

   issue-154?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- Clarify the endsync behavior -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

Issue 151

   <plh> issue-151?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Clarify syncbase in SMPTE continuous mode --
   open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

clarify syncbase on smpte continuous mode

   <Sean> Mike: There are illegal expressions in smpte timecode

   <Sean> what is goin gon?

   <plh> you got dropped

   <plh> can you dial back?

   <Sean> OK. I'm listening to some weird call

   <Sean> back in a sec

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to add "(Second Edition)" to draft [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-47 - Add "(Second Edition)" to draft [on
   Glenn Adams - due 2012-03-08].

   <scribe> ACTION: sean to elaborate issue-151 points [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-48 - Elaborate issue-151 points [on Sean
   Hayes - due 2012-03-08].

   issue-157?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- transformation profile -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

     [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

what does "transformation semantics" mean (see D.1.102)

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to add note and editorial text elaborating
   "transformation semantics" [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-49 - Add note and editorial text
   elaborating "transformation semantics" [on Glenn Adams - due
   2012-03-08].

   issue-156?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-156 -- semantics of missing #feature -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

     [30] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

   plh: regrets for next week, will be traveling

adjournment

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to add "(Second Edition)" to draft [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to add note and editorial text elaborating
   "transformation semantics" [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: sean to elaborate issue-151 points [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([35]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/03/01 16:00:35 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [36]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/due/due to/
Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: +44.844.800.aaaa, glenn, Mike_Dolan, +49.893.aabb, and
reas-irt, Plh, Sean, +1.617.300.aacc
Present: +44.844.800.aaaa glenn Mike_Dolan +49.893.aabb andreas-irt Plh
 Sean +1.617.300.aacc
Agenda: [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0029.
html
Found Date: 01 Mar 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [38]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: glenn sean

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0029.html
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-tt-minutes.html

   End of [39]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>wrote:

>
> Thursdays 15:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt
>
> Agenda
>
> Chair: Sean Hayes
>
> Agenda+ : Assign Scribe
>
> Agenda+ Decision whether to forward charter [1] to AC's
>
> Agenda+ Review actions
>
>  ACTION: glenn implement edit for issue-152
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action02]
>
>  ACTION: glenn to effect editorial change on issue-153
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action04
>
>  ACTION: glenn to implement migration for repository with help from plh
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action01
>
>  ACTION: glenn to redirect errata
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action03
>
>  ACTION: glenn to remove examples as editorial
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action05
>
>  ACTION: ttwg to review possible change to default endsync (from 'last' to
> 'all') http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action06
>
> Agenda+ Review actions/issues on v1.0
> (note we will address as many issues as we can in the time allotted,
> rather than try to fit truncated discussions into the allotted time)
>
> Agenda+ ISSUE-151 SMPTE continuous mode
> Agenda+ ISSUE-157 transformation profile
> Agenda+ ISSUE-156 semantics of missing #feature
>
> Agenda+ Review actions/issues on v1.1
>
> Agenda+ ISSUE-160 Centered flush left captions
> Agenda+ ISSUE-20 Region border
> Agenda+ SSUE-21 window anchor points
> Agenda+ ISSUE-22 window fade in/out
> Agenda+ ISSUE-23 animation
> Agenda+ ISSUE-24 script
> Agenda+ ISSUE-25 role parameters
> Agenda+ ISSUE-72 smooth scrolling
> Agenda+ ISSUE-158 background images
> Agenda+ ISSUE-138 Ruby support
> Agenda+ ISSUE-159 Text orientation
> Agenda+ ISSUE-10 pointers to pre-rendered audio forms of elements
>
> Links to Key Documents
>
> [1] Draft Charter. at
> http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
>
Received on Thursday, 1 March 2012 16:06:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC