W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2012

{minutes} TTML Agenda for 14/6/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:15:10 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+dwmWXo_APPM=E0BfK_3QoTxFJimhZ3449ifi+j9O5HRQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Draft minutes at [1]. Text version follows.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-tt-minutes.html


                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

14 Jun 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Jun/0015.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          glenn, +1.858.882.aaaa (mike), plh, +44.154.558.aabb (sean)

   Regrets
          geoff

   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Charter Status
         2. [6]ISSUE-170
         3. [7]ISSUE-151
         4. [8]positioned content elements (i.e., adding
            origin/extent to div/p, etc)
         5. [9]Question on Schedule
         6. [10]Adjournment
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 14 June 2012

   <sean> hi sorry oim late

   <sean> be on in a sec

   <scribe> ScribeNick: glenn

Charter Status

   plh: have enough positive responses, that re-charter should not
   be a problem with director
   ... 20 responses, with good majority of support
   ... however, need to process remaining comments then ask
   director for approval
   ... does not believe a second AC review will be required

   sean: time line?

   plh: hope to finish by end of next week (June 22)
   ... group should continue doing work to drive to publishable
   works

   sean: asks glenn about status of editing work

   glenn: have a number of editing actions on 1.0 2nd Ed, then can
   go to a WD
   ... goal is to complete work for a WD by end of June
   ... then move focus to a FPWD for 1.1

ISSUE-170

   ISSUE-170?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- Section 5.2 para 8 is vague regarding
   optionality of specifying profile in case where profile is
   negotiated/determined by 'document interchange process' -- open

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170

   <plh>

   <plh> Document Interchange Context

   <plh> The implied context or environment external to a Content
   Processor in which document interchange occurs, and in which
   out-of-band protocols or procedures may define certain
   behavioral defaults, such as an implied Content Profile.

   <plh> 5.2

   <plh> If neither ttp:profile attribute nor ttp:profile element
   is present in a TTML document instance, and if the Document
   Interchange Context does not make an implicit or explicit
   reference to a pre-defined Content Profile, [...]

   mike: suggests changing "procedures" to "specifications" in the
   newly defined Document Interchange Context

   glenn: sounds good
   ... see also the following issues related to profiles

   ISSUE-156?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-156 -- semantics of missing #feature -- open

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/156

   ISSUE-157?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-157 -- transformation profile -- open

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/157

   ISSUE-162?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-162 -- profile discrepancy -- open

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/162

ISSUE-151

   ISSUE-151?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Clarify syncbase in SMPTE continuous
   mode -- open

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151

   glenn: pending editing actions, will bring up any issue to wg

positioned content elements (i.e., adding origin/extent to div/p,
etc)

   glenn: pending my actions:

   <plh> action-51?

   <trackbot> ACTION-51 -- Glenn Adams to review and draft CP for
   resolving ISSUE-151 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

   ACTION-71?

   <trackbot> ACTION-71 -- Glenn Adams to verify whether XSL-FO
   semantics of absolutely positioned block container is in
   relation to 'page' (i.e., root container in TTML terms) -- due
   2012-06-14 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/71

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/71

Question on Schedule

   <plh> Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions Note

   <plh> LC in August

   <plh> LC at end of July

   <plh> Note in September

   glenn: who is drafting SDP note?

   sean: MSFT will submit an input document

   plh: has new dates, so is satisfied

Adjournment

   sean: adjourned
   ... cancel next week's telecon due to absence of sean

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/06/14 14:34:55 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[21]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ok, i'm the only one one at present//
Succeeded: s/August/September/
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn
Default Present: glenn, +1.858.882.aaaa, Plh, Mike, +44.154.558.aabb, s
ean
Present: glenn +1.858.882.aaaa Plh Mike +44.154.558.aabb sean
Regrets: geoff
Agenda:
[22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Jun/0015.html
Found Date: 14 Jun 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[23]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-tt-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Jun/0015.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/14-tt-minutes.html


   End of [24]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm




On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>wrote:

>
> Because our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in
> your locale may change. Please check
>
> http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=7&year=2012&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 15:00-15:00 UTC (10:00am-11:00am Boston local)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt
> Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
> Agenda
>
> Chair: Sean Hayes
>
> Agenda+ Assign Scribe
>
> Agenda+ Charter issues (if PLH joins)
>
> Agenda+ Issue 170
>
> Agenda+ Issue 151
>
> Agenda+ Discussion on Change Proposal 002 (origin and extent on block
> elements) [2]
>
> Agenda+ update on action 51
>
> Agenda+ update on action 53 (issue 156 missing #feature)
>
> Agenda+ update on action 54 (behavior on feature not mentioned)
>
> Links to Key Documents
>
> [1] Draft Charter at  http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
> [3] TTML Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
> Reference
>
> Tracker (Issues and Actions): http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker
>
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 14 June 2012 20:16:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC