{minutes} TTML Agenda for 7/6/12

Automated draft minutes at [1], text form follows:

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Jun/0004.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Glenn Adams, Sean Hayes, Mike Dolan, Geoff Freed

   Regrets
   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
     * [5]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 07 June 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: glenn

   glenn: in reviewing CP2, noticed the filler semantics of 9.3.3
   item 7, which may be technically problematic
   ... that is, if this is intended to fill out background of tt:p
   (for example), then may not have that effect
   ... since it applies to a new empty block, and not to the prior
   (presumably) tt:p block

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to investigate correctness of 9.3.3 (7)
   w.r.t. XSL-FO semantics, and report back to WG [recorded in
   [6]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Investigate correctness of 9.3.3
   (7) w.r.t. XSL-FO semantics, and report back to WG [on Glenn
   Adams - due 2012-06-14].

   <scribe> ACTION: sean to create a new, separate issue for CP2
   (extent/origin) [recorded in
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-70 - Create a new, separate issue for
   CP2 (extent/origin) [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-06-14].

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to verify whether XSL-FO semantics of
   absolutely positioned block container is in relation to 'page'
   (i.e., root container in TTML terms) [recorded in
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Verify whether XSL-FO semantics
   of absolutely positioned block container is in relation to
   'page' (i.e., root container in TTML terms) [on Glenn Adams -
   due 2012-06-14].

   mike: needs resolution on which license to use for TTML schemas

   RESOLVE: that TTML schemas should be considered software,
   w.r.t. W3C licensing rules

   mike: regarding profile language, need to make clear that
   out-of-band protocol or mechanism can be used to specify
   profile

   <mike> If neitherttp:profileattribute norttp:profileelement is
   present in a TTML document instance, and if the document
   interchange context does not specify a profile, then the DFXP
   Transformation profile applies.

   <mike> RTR: "and if the document interchange context does not
   specify a profile document, or other equivalent set of feature
   designators,

   ISSUE: section 5.2 para 8 is vague regarding optionality of
   specifying profile in case where profile is
   negotiated/determined by 'document interchange process'

   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-170 - Section 5.2 para 8 is vague
   regarding optionality of specifying profile in case where
   profile is negotiated/determined by 'document interchange
   process' ; please complete additional details at
   [9]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170/edit .

      [9] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/170/edit

   ISSUE-170: may also require adjustment of text for 3.3 claims
   regarding document claims

   <trackbot> ISSUE-170 Section 5.2 para 8 is vague regarding
   optionality of specifying profile in case where profile is
   negotiated/determined by 'document interchange process' notes
   added

   sean: smooth scrolling text

   <Sean> The result of performing the processing described above
   will be a sequence of N intermediate synchronic document
   instances, DOCinter0… DOCinterN−1. Note: Where an
   implementation is able to detect significant similarity between
   two adjacent synchronic document instances, DOCinterN-1…
   DOCinterN; such as for example the removal of the top line of
   the content flowed into a region causing the appearance of
   scrolling, then the implementation should attempt to make

   ACTION-68?

   <trackbot> ACTION-68 -- Sean Hayes to work with mike to provide
   reference to 608/708 that defines/clarifies semantics of smooth
   flowing/scrolling -- due 2012-06-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/68

     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/68

   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0032.
   html

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012May/0032.html

   <Sean> then the implementation should attempt to make the
   transition between presenting the two instances as smooth as
   possible, e.g. following CEA-608-E, Section C.3

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to implement proosed changes from
   ACTION-68 into 9.3.2 of 1.0 2nd Ed. [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Implement proosed changes from
   ACTION-68 into 9.3.2 of 1.0 2nd Ed. [on Glenn Adams - due
   2012-06-14].

   mike: concerned about language "as smooth as possible" is
   pretty vague for implementors/testing/interoperability etc

   <scribe> ACTION: geoff to investigate making examples from 15
   Dec 2008 email available to W3C for direct reference in spec
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - geoff

   <scribe> ACTION: unassigned investigate making examples from 15
   Dec 2008 email available to W3C for direct reference in spec
   [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - unassigned

   sean: in text suggested, 'as smooth as possible, e.g., ...';
   replace with 'as smooth as possible, in the case of a single
   line scroll up, it should follow CEA-608...'

   end of agenda

   sean: meeting adjourned

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: geoff to investigate making examples from 15 Dec
   2008 email available to W3C for direct reference in spec
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to implement proosed changes from ACTION-68
   into 9.3.2 of 1.0 2nd Ed. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to investigate correctness of 9.3.3 (7)
   w.r.t. XSL-FO semantics, and report back to WG [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to verify whether XSL-FO semantics of
   absolutely positioned block container is in relation to 'page'
   (i.e., root container in TTML terms) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: sean to create a new, separate issue for CP2
   (extent/origin) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: unassigned investigate making examples from 15
   Dec 2008 email available to W3C for direct reference in spec
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-tt-minutes.html#action06]

   [End of minutes]