Re: questions on TTML specification

Dear Glenn

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful for me!
If I could ask some more for (a) and (c). (b) and (d) are clear.

(a)
What I'm asking is
 because tts:backgroundColor is NOT inheritable.
 Therefore I would like to know what text content or region(?)
 will be affected by tts:backgroundColor specified in tt:body.

as like...
  <definition of region r1... with tts:backgroundColor="red">
          text1
         text2
What is background color of r1, text1 and text2?
And what is filled by green color?

(c)
 > assuming for a moment that both regions r1 and r2 and the above content elements are temporally active over the interval of interest,
 Yes. This was my assumption. Sorry for missing.
 And thank you for considering this!

> "oh" will appear in both r1 and r2
 The association of content and region is specifed in 9.3.2.
  there is process to be applied. because <p> element does not
  specify the region attribute inline (in step1).
  Processer will find its ancestor elements(in step2).
  As you can see my sample, there are no ancestor elements
  defined the regoin, therefore process goes to step3.

  My question is semantics of step3.  It states
   <snip>
     if the element contains a descendant element that specifies a
region attribute, then the element is associated with the region
referenced by that
attribute;
   </snip>

  In my sample, the element (<== <p> element) contains
   two decendant elements specify the regions.
>          oh
>             my
>             god
My interpretation here is the text
 if the element contains a descendant element that specifies a
region attribute
 does not apply to this case...
If your interpretation is intented by specificaton, it should be
 if the element contains descendant elements that specifies
  region attribute, the element si associated both region referenced by
each attribute
Please let me know the reason "oh" appears both r1 and r2.

best regards,
Uchimura

--
Consumer Products & Services Group