Re: TTML attributes in "no namespace"

by design; what this means is that they are in the "per-element type
partition" as defined in [1] ;

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/

a more recent formulation [2] refers to this usage as follows:

"Default namespace declarations do not apply directly to attribute names;
the interpretation of unprefixed attributes is determined by the element on
which they appear."

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#defaulting

the intention is that these attributes be used without a prefix
(unprefixed) and that their definition is determined by the element on
which they appear; one reason was that, with the exception of 'region', all
of these were based on or derived from existing unprefixed usage patterns
in other W3C specs (HTML, SMIL); in the case of region, we did not wish it
used as a generic vocabulary attribute, but only be used on the specific
elements for which it was defined