W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2012

RE: {minutes} TTML Agenda for 12/4/12

From: Michael A Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:53:28 -0700
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <036001cd1cec$ef36fbb0$cda4f310$@newtbt.com>
A correction to the minutes regarding:

 

   ... (2) a study activity is underway in SMPTE to map TTML into
   MPEG-4 containers
   ... expects some input after May 4

 

Should read: “ a study activity is underway in MPEG to map TTML and SMPTE-TT into MP4 containers…”

 

Regards,

 

                Mike

 

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com] 
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:04 AM
To: Sean Hayes
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: {minutes} TTML Agenda for 12/4/12

 

See http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html
 
   [1]W3C
 
      [1] http://www.w3.org/
 
                               - DRAFT -
 
                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
 
12 Apr 2012
 
   [2]Agenda
 
      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0006.html
 
   See also: [3]IRC log
 
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-irc
 
Attendees
 
   Present
          glenn, +44.154.558.aaaa, Sean, +1.858.847.aabb, mike,
          Plh, Andrew_Kirkpatrick
 
   Regrets
          geoff
 
   Chair
          sean
 
   Scribe
          glenn
 
Contents
 
     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Charter update (plh)
         2. [6]SMPTE, etc
         3. [7]Open Actions
         4. [8]Open Issues
         5. [9]Adjournment
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________
 
   <trackbot> Date: 12 April 2012
 
   <scribe> Scribe: glenn
 
Charter update (plh)
 
   <plh> action-44?
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to put in place a
   new errata and ask plh to set up the redirect to it -- due
   2012-03-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW
 
   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44
 
     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44
 
   <plh> close action-44
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-44 Put in place a new errata and ask plh to
   set up the redirect to it closed
 
   plh: charter went to members for review
   ... no formal feedback so far
   ... some informal feedback about difference between ttml and
   webvtt
 
   <plh> [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
 
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html
 
   <plh> "In the process of producing this new revision, the Group
   MAY:"
 
   plh: some comments have asked about use of 'MAY'
 
   sean: the 'WILL' is for deliverables, the 'MAY' indicates
   optionality
 
   glenn: could make item (1) and item (3) under TTML1.0/1.1
   deliverables as 'WILL', but others probably should remain
   optional
 
   sean: item (2) under TTML1.0 {TV compatible online captioning
   profile} may end up being a tech report/note
 
   plh: suggests AWK to discuss with Carl (Carlgill) possible
   liaison issues (with WebVTT CG)
 
SMPTE, etc
 
   mike: (1) does not necessarily have support for work
   ... (2) a study activity is underway in SMPTE to map TTML into
   MPEG-4 containers
   ... expects some input after May 4
 
Open Actions
 
   ACTION-55?
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-55 -- Glenn Adams to work with plh to create
   accessible schema -- due 2012-04-12 -- OPEN
 
   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/55
 
     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/55
 
   plh: doesn't see any issue with doing this
   ... but can't place this inside TR space
 
   <plh> [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
 
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
 
   glenn: may end up with multiple XSD files since we have
   multiple namespaces for which xsd is defined
 
   mike: notes that current TTML schema includes copy of xml.xsd
   schema
 
   ACTION plh to determine official location for xml.xsd schema
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Determine official location for
   xml.xsd schema [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2012-04-19].
 
   ISSUE-151?
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Clarify syncbase in SMPTE continuous
   mode -- open
 
   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151
 
     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/151
 
   ACTION plh to request shortname ttml11 prior to FPWD on TTML1.1
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Request shortname ttml11 prior
   to FPWD on TTML1.1 [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2012-04-19].
 
   ACTION-57?
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Glenn Adams to populate a ttml11
   directory for authoring v.next, referring to existing ttml10
   materials in way that best supports synchronization with
   changes in ttml10 -- due 2012-04-12 -- PENDINGREVIEW
 
   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/57
 
     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/57
 
   close ACTION-57
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-57 Populate a ttml11 directory for authoring
   v.next, referring to existing ttml10 materials in way that best
   supports synchronization with changes in ttml10 closed
 
   ACTION-52?
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-52 -- Sean Hayes to draft CP for resolving
   ISSUE-154 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN
 
   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/52
 
     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/52
 
   ISSUE-154?
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- Clarify the endsync behavior -- open
 
   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154
 
     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154
 
   <AWK> [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/72
 
     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/72
 
   ISSUE-72?
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-72 -- Smooth scrolling by means of reference
   area offset -- open
 
   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/72
 
     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/72
 
   mike: suggests mimic of 708 attributes
 
   sean: can't find references
 
   mike: for smooth scrolling, have to go back further
 
   sean: what should this look like?
 
   glenn: thinks that WGHB had provided a video in the past
   ... might be in the TT member archives
 
   sean: wonders if mike can take an action on this
 
   ACTION glenn to search TT member archives for reference to
   video showing smooth scrolling
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Search TT member archives for
   reference to video showing smooth scrolling [on Glenn Adams -
   due 2012-04-19].
 
   ACTION-62: to defer to mike if unable to find
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-62 Search TT member archives for reference to
   video showing smooth scrolling notes added
 
Open Issues
 
   ISSUE-158?
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-158 -- background images -- open
 
   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/158
 
     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/158
 
   mike: SMPTE-TT defines an element and a couple of attrs to
   create an inline image and reference either inline or external
   image
   ... only format is image/png
   ... inline encoding allows inline coding of image/png
   ... on a div element, can put a reference to a background image
   that has a URI referring to background image for div
   ... used for long form content, especially for non-English
   content
 
   <plh> -->
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.
   html roll-up examples
 
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.html
 
   mike: also used for refined placement of image based glyphs
   (rather than relying upon builtin fonts)
   ... semantics of what happens when both image and text content
   are provide may need more work
 
   <plh> ACTION-62: see
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.
   html
 
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0155.html
 
   <trackbot> ACTION-62 Search TT member archives for reference to
   video showing smooth scrolling notes added
 
   sean: should this be adopted into TTML11 NS?
 
   mike: points out that can't use both in ultraviolet, must
   choose image or text content
 
   sean: suggests mike write a CP
   ... or sean could take this as action
 
   mike: notes that smpte specs are public
 
   <plh> -->
   [24]http://store.smpte.org/product-p/st%202052-1-2010.htm
   SMPTE-TT
 
     [24] http://store.smpte.org/product-p/st%202052-1-2010.htm
 
   sean: wonders what smpte position would be?
 
   mike: would have to go back to smpte, but probably no issue
 
   plh: provides pointer
 
   ISSUE-158: solicit CP
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-158 background images notes added
 
   <mike> smpte-tt schema -
   [25]http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/2052-1/2010/smpte-tt.xsd
 
     [25] http://www.smpte-ra.org/schemas/2052-1/2010/smpte-tt.xsd
 
   ACTION sean to issue a call for CPs on ISSUE-158
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-63 - Issue a call for CPs on
   ISSUE-158 [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-04-19].
 
   <plh> ACTION: plh to investigate why TT WG can't postpone
   issues [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html#action01]
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-64 - Investigate why TT WG can't
   postpone issues [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due 2012-04-19].
 
   ISSUE-138?
 
   <trackbot> ISSUE-138 -- Standard extension to support W3C ruby
   markup -- open
 
   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/138
 
     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/138
 
   sean: can do manually, but currently no language support for
   ruby
   ... there are existing solutions in W3C for markup of ruby
   ... should we take a style driven approach or a markup
   approach?
   ... could use role to add one level of markup
 
   e.g., <span role='rb'>
 
   scribe: don't want to reinvent the wheel here
   ... suggest a combination of use of style and role may be best
   approach
   ... more future proof
 
   <scribe> ACTION: sean to issue call for CPs on ISSUE-138,
   suggesting approach based on combination of style and role
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html#action02]
 
   <trackbot> Created ACTION-65 - Issue call for CPs on ISSUE-138,
   suggesting approach based on combination of style and role [on
   Sean Hayes - due 2012-04-19].
 
   plh: worried about I18N folks complaining about doing something
   different
 
   sean: worried about introducing specialized markup
 
   <mike> need to drop. until next week...
 
   sean: notes it can be done today in ttml with foreign namespace
 
   plh: worried that role sounds like a hack
 
Adjournment
 
   adjourned
 
   plh: regrets for next week
 
   trackbot, end meeting
 
Summary of Action Items
 
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to investigate why TT WG can't postpone
   issues [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: sean to issue call for CPs on ISSUE-138,
   suggesting approach based on combination of style and role
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html#action02]
 
   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________
 
 
    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [32]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/04/12 14:58:11 $
     __________________________________________________________
 
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
 
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
 
   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[33]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
 
     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
 
Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
 
Succeeded: s/roll-examples/roll-up examples/
Succeeded: s/can't use both/can't use both in ultraviolet/
Found Scribe: glenn
Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
Default Present: glenn, +44.154.558.aaaa, Sean, +1.858.847.aabb, mike,
Plh, Andrew_Kirkpatrick
Present: glenn +44.154.558.aaaa Sean +1.858.847.aabb mike Plh Andrew_Ki
rkpatrick
Regrets: geoff
Agenda:
[34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0006.html
Found Date: 12 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[35]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: plh sean
 
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0006.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-tt-minutes.html
 
 
   End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
 
     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 22:54:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC