W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > April 2012

{minutes} TTML Agenda for 5/4/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:03:08 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+fAajcLeXC8sPVmQfejw8-XttcxBFMwbwZjLaRBUx9KSQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

05 Apr 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/05-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrew_Kirkpatrick, glenn, mike, sean, cpc-jasonlivingst (jason)

   Regrets
   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]new issues
         2. [6]open actions
         3. [7]new issues
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 05 April 2012

   <scribe> scribenick: glenn

   sean: introduces new member, jason, from cpc
   ... asks for others to introduce themselves also

new issues

   ISSUE-166?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-166 -- authoritative schemaLocation for
   authoritative schemas like TTML -- open

   <trackbot>
   [9]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/166

      [9] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/166

   sean: need to post a schema online for tool access

   glenn: should be able to do so, but may want to combine modules
   into single resource

   mike: do tools need one resource?

   glenn: maybe not

   action glenn to work with plh to create accessible schema

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-55 - Work with plh to create
   accessible schema [on Glenn Adams - due 2012-04-12].

   mike: single file is desirable

open actions

   ACTION-41?

   <trackbot> ACTION-41 -- Sean Hayes to ACTION: Sean to start the
   Note on how to use TTML with HTML5/CSS [recorded in ]
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03] --
   due 2012-04-01 -- OPEN

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-ttml-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/41

   sean: wip

   ACTION-44?

   <trackbot> ACTION-44 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to put in place a
   new errata and ask plh to set up the redirect to it -- due
   2012-03-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

     [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/44

   sean: wip

   ACTION-51?

   <trackbot> ACTION-51 -- Glenn Adams to review and draft CP for
   resolving ISSUE-151 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/51

   ACTION-52?

   <trackbot> ACTION-52 -- Sean Hayes to draft CP for resolving
   ISSUE-154 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/52

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/52

   ACTION-53?

   <trackbot> ACTION-53 -- Glenn Adams to address or draft CP to
   resolve ISSUE-156 -- due 2012-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/53

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/53

   glenn: wip on these

new issues

   ISSUE-165?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- allowing set to animate more than one
   attribute. -- open

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/165

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/165

   general agreement on adding this feature expressed

   in v.next

   RESOLUTION: add support for animation of multiple attrs as
   described in ISSUE-165

   mike: asks if we would support fragment or document updates
   ... can update documents today
   ... if set becomes complicated, may make fragment or document
   updates more attractive

   sean: shouldn't make too complicated without considering update
   concepts

   action sean to write CP for performing multiple attribute
   animation with set, per issue-165

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-56 - Write CP for performing multiple
   attribute animation with set, per issue-165 [on Sean Hayes -
   due 2012-04-12].

   action glenn to populate a ttml11 directory for authoring
   v.next, referring to existing ttml10 materials in way that best
   supports synchronization with changes in ttml10

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Populate a ttml11 directory for
   authoring v.next, referring to existing ttml10 materials in way
   that best supports synchronization with changes in ttml10 [on
   Glenn Adams - due 2012-04-12].

   ISSUE-160?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-160 -- Centered flush left captions -- open

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/160

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/160

   sean: solution will need to introduce margin props and
   automatic width computations
   ... has been looking at css3 for help

   glenn: perhaps the new xsl-fo 2.0 reqs deals with content
   shrink fit

   action sean to draft CP for adding margin suppport

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Draft CP for adding margin
   suppport [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-04-12].

   action sean to draft CP for adding content shrink fit features

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Draft CP for adding content
   shrink fit features [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-04-12].

   RESOLUTION: to define support for margins

   no objection

   RESOLVE: to investigate support for content shrink fit

   ISSUE-20?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-20 -- Region border not supported -- open

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/20

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/20

   sean: EIA 708 defines windows (regions) with borders
   ... but TTML does not presently define borders
   ... wonders whether this is important for smpte

   jason: almost all captions in US are authored for 608, and very
   little use of 708 features
   ... borders not being used in real world (of broadcast)
   ... [in US markets]

   mike: need to keep user controls separate from
   authored/exchanged content
   ... more serious compliance issues than borders

   RESOLUTION: not to introduce borders in v.next at this time;
   i.e., to defer this feature

   ISSUE-21?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- window anchor points not supported? --
   open

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/21

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/21

   ISSUE-22?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-22 -- window fade in/out not supported? --
   open

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/22

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/22

   sean: these again are 708 features that TT does not presently
   support
   ... window anchor points allow relative (percentage) based
   positioning of 708 windows (i.e., TT regions)
   ... what do people think about the need for these features?

   jason: more a matter of user control (for window positioning);
   content isn't using; most decoders don't support correctly

   RESOLUTION: defer both authored non-absolute region positioning
   and fades

   mike: smpte is in process of reviewing 103 regs [?]; this might
   better be discussed in smpte then reintroduced here if needed

   sean: sure, if smpte wishes to provide further input, that
   would be great

   ISSUE-23?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-23 -- intermediate animation of extent -- open

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/23

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/23

   ISSUE-21 defer

   ISSUE-22 defer

   <mike> "103 regs" = US 47CFR79.103
   [22]http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/201
   0/db0720/FCC-10-129A1.pdf

     [22] http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2010/db0720/FCC-10-129A1.pdf

   ISSUE-21: defer

   <trackbot> ISSUE-21 window anchor points not supported? notes
   added

   ISSUE-22: defer

   <trackbot> ISSUE-22 window fade in/out not supported? notes
   added

   sean: table ISSUE-23 for now
   ... all props are discretely animatable with set
   ... when will report from smpte come out?

   mike: will update group next week

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ( [24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/04/05 14:56:48 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at
[25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wipo/wip/
Succeeded: s/documen/document/
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn
Default Present: Andrew_Kirkpatrick, +1.858.847.aaaa, +44.154.558.aabb,
 +1.301.738.aacc, glenn, mike, sean, cpc-jasonlivingst
Present: Andrew_Kirkpatrick +1.858.847.aaaa +44.154.558.aabb +1.301.738
.aacc glenn mike sean cpc-jasonlivingst
Agenda:
[26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0002.html
Found Date: 05 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL:
[27]http://www.w3.org/2012/04/05-tt-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Apr/0002.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2012/04/05-tt-minutes.html


   End of [28]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 5 April 2012 15:04:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:04 UTC