Re: please rename Timed Text (TT) Authoring Format 1.0 – Distribution Format Exchange Profile (DFXP)

Dan,
The intent of the 2nd Candidate Recommendation phase is to obtain
implementation feedback. While what you say below is of potential editorial
import, it does not represent useful implementation feedback. As it is, the
name of the specification is now a number of years old, and no such comment
as you submit now has been previously received. While I might agree that the
title is a bit lengthy, it is accurate, and it reflects the end results of a
long process which it represents well. I might agree with you that the name
is not one that has much marketing zing, but then again, neither do most of
the other names of specifications published by the W3C.

Finally, I would note that both the name of the specification, its "short
name" (ttaf1-dfxp), and the various URIs derived from the short name, were
formally submitted to the Director some years ago and approved for use in
this work. Changing it now would require requesting a change and obtaining a
new approval. As a result, it is extremely unlikely that the TTWG will be
willing to adopt your suggested change.

I would suggest that the best way you could address this issue is to go out
and implement exciting products based on this specification, and assign
those products a more marketable, and memorable name.

Regards,
Glenn