From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Silvia Pfeiffer
Sent: 24 August 2009 11:00 PM
To: Philippe Le Hegaret
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Re: [minutes] 20090821 Timed Text teleconference

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret<plh@w3.org> wrote:
>  Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

<...>
> HTML5 video element
> -------------------
>
> Sean: captioning is still one of the issues that needs to be addressed.
> ... we could treat timed text like a video codec, ie reference the file.
> ... but since they don't have the smil features, there is no
> synchronization.
> ... I'll look into this as part of the WAI/HTML TF

You might want to consider a proposal that I submitted to WHATWG/WAI/HTML recently, see http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-July/021658.html
. It indeed introduces markup to reference a file - and it could reference a DFXP file. I am planning t make a demo with DFXP though the current demo only uses srt for simplicity.

Best Regards,
Silvia.