Re: sample tests

Hi, Philippe:

g.

On Nov 17, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> Geoff wrote:
>> Is this along the lines of what we discussed on the call today?
>
> yes, but I would make them even more simple:
> - your color test requires support for the style element and id
> attribute. A color test shouldn't rely on those. I would rely on the
> tts:color attribute instead.
> - the caption should state the result to expect. For example,
>   "This text must be green."
>   "This text is displayed from 6s to 12s."
>  This enables individuals to check without looking at a master image.
>
> I started to commit some tests in, as examples:
>  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/tt/testsuite/
>
> If folks are happy with those, we could use them as starting point.

These look good to me.  I have no problem using these as a basis for
creating other samples.

> I started to include some of the examples from the specification as
> well. It would be nice if the examples in the specification can work
> as-is if the feature is supported.
>
> Some issues we face, among others, with regards to the implementation:
> - no support for xml:id
>  We know that one already.

Sight change-- future releases of NCAM's CCforFlash and the ccPlayer
will support both id and xml:id.  The next software update will be in
a few weeks.

> - the default value of xml:space is "preserve" instead of "default".
>  Some of the captions are not visible because of extra white spaces
>
> btw, I also have a small web application that will take those tests
> and
> display them in the NCAM and JW Player implementations. It also allows
> one to generate a report as well. If folks are interested and no one
> objects, I'm happy to commit this framework as well. I'm also happy to
> integrate other implementations as well, based on an implementation
> example running in a Web page.

Sounds worthwhile.  Can you send a pointer to an example?