Re: Where is Timed-Text going?

Glenn A. Adams wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> Thanks for your question. The Timed Text Working Group is busily
> preparing a working draft for a recommendation track technical
> specification. It appears that the initial WD will address what is being
> called the "Distribution Format Exchange Profile" (DFXP) of the Timed
> Text Authoring Format (TT-AF). A follow-on WD is expected to address
> what is being called the "Authoring Format Exchange Profile", which, in
> effect, is a "full" profile of the TT-AF.
>
> The group agrees with your sentiment that "text is important" and is
> working towards defining a good solution towards a standardized media
> object for text.
>
> The SYMM WG, presently working on SMIL, is independent from the TT WG,
> although we enjoy close and frequent interaction between the two WGs.
> You can be sure that the resulting WDs produced by the TT WG will be
> usable in the SMIL context (as well as others).
>
> Regards,
> Glenn Adams, Chair TTWG

Thanks Glenn, that's good news.
I guess it's too soon to ask which players will support TT :)
Hopefully the list of features in both profiles will be something
that all the players (Ambulant, RealPlayer, QuickTime, Windows Media
Player) can fully support and relatively soon.

Good Luck,
Jose Ramirez

Good communication solves problems, that's why all this matters.