RE: CDF and TT competing?

The other TTWG members may offer their opinion, but mine is that there
is no competition. Neither of the TT AF profiles are expected to make
use of multiple namespace documents in the form that is being considered
by the CDF WG; for example, all text content, style, timing, and
animation vocabulary defined in the TT AF profiles is specialized for
use in the TT use case scenarios and appears in TT specific namespaces.
One strong goal of the TT WG was to support an atomic media object for
the DFXP use cases wherein no reference to an external resource would be
required to be resolved in order to perform full semantic processing
(including possible presentation processing) of a document. While I do
not expect this constraint to hold in the AFXP, I also do not expect the
AFXP to be defined as a hybrid namespace document, such as one that
integrates XHTML, SVG, SMIL vocabularies using multiple namespaces, etc.

Rather than focus further on the AFXP or on what may follow DFXP, I
would urge commenters to focus on the specifics of the DFXP. The TT WG
is still considering whether and how to proceed with the AFXP, and I
expect more information will be available on its status by the end of
December.

Regards,
Glenn