RE: And a cold silence filled the room...

What Mike indicates is correct: that such a function may be a
"candidate" for inclusion; however, agreeing to include each
candidate will be done on a case by case basis by the working
group. It will likely be based on whether or not the feature
is widely supported (core) or narrowly supported (peripheral).

Regards,
Glenn